Sign in to follow this  
erdnek

Fish Addition Suggestion

Looking for suggestions on what fish I should add to my tank. I really like chromis but I’ve read many accounts of them eventually killing each other until one remains.  I considered getting 3.

I’m looking two add a fish or two that will swim out in the open and obviously get along with the current inhabitants. 

I have a 55g with a Mccoskers wrasse, a cleaner shrimp,a clown fish, a firefish, hermits and snails with a few zoas and green star polyps. 

Edited by erdnek

What about a Royal Gramma?

• Like 2

Blue eyed cardinals would work too. When I had 3 tangs in the tank they stayed hidden most of the time. I got rid of the tangs when I moved and now they stay out all the time. I've currently got 9 of them.

+1 on a group of either the cardinals or grammas.   I' really like grammas as they are very interactive with each other and have the unusual behavior of swimming sideways or upside down, depending on the orentation of the aquascaping they're next too.   A 55 could hold 3-5. 

I like the blue eyed cardinals. Didn’t know they existed. I’ll probably go with these. I wonder if Aquadome carries them. 

If not they can order them. I've had one of the stores order them for me.