Need help with Ai hd lighting

Beaux

I just upgraded to the AI hd lighting, vs my old fluval 2.0.

I was told that for my nano tank (20 long) that the AI hd would be more than sufficient. 

I set it up with very limited instructions. I have the presets, it was so dark I couldn't even see my corals in the center of my tank.

I tried to manually adjust it and still can not get even 1/2 the brightness as I did on my fluval 2.0.

I looked all over the web and tried several different api's, still so dark.

Am I missing something? Bad light, or this light is not what it claims? I do not see the point of going to rent a par meeter to tell me what I can visually see with my own eyes.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

What channel settings are you running (or trying to run) on?

The Radion AB+ mimic for SPS is:

UV 118%

Violet 101%

Royal 82%

Blue 65%

Green 6%

Deep Red 5%

Cool White 19%

That produces a very blue light.  If you like light that is more towards the daylight spectrum, lower the UV and Violet and raise the cool white, and to a lesser extent, the green.

4 hours ago, Beaux said:

I just upgraded to the AI hd lighting, vs my old fluval 2.0.

I was told that for my nano tank (20 long) that the AI hd would be more than sufficient. 

I set it up with very limited instructions. I have the presets, it was so dark I couldn't even see my corals in the center of my tank.

I tried to manually adjust it and still can not get even 1/2 the brightness as I did on my fluval 2.0.

I looked all over the web and tried several different api's, still so dark.

Am I missing something? Bad light, or this light is not what it claims? I do not see the point of going to rent a par meeter to tell me what I can visually see with my own eyes.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Definitely sounds like you either don't have the settings right or it's a bad light. Mine is VERY bright at Max settings. Are you using the phone app? 

I'm currently using an AB+ variant similar to what Sierra is talking about except mine fluctuates throughout the day and has a lower max power. Even with that I still have it turned down with the acclimation mode.

What channel settings are you running (or trying to run) on?
The Radion AB+ mimic for SPS is:
UV 118%
Violet 101%
Royal 82%
Blue 65%
Green 6%
Deep Red 5%
Cool White 19%
That produces a very blue light.  If you like light that is more towards the daylight spectrum, lower the UV and Violet and raise the cool white, and to a lesser extent, the green.

I am still looking around for a just right api for me, but no such luck.

I did try what you suggested. It is still way to dark.

I stll have my old light up, and turn off the ai hd, then switch back to the ai hd light, and I swear it is not even 1/2 the brightness I get from my old one.

I had the ai hd running for 3 days and watched all my mushrooms completely close as well as all my toadstools fall, dropping or closed.

I put the old one back in for daylight times an use the new one for night time.

My toadstools are perking back up, but my mushrooms are taking a bit longer to fully extend back out.

I would like to have to fully automated with ramping, but it seem I should saved money and bought a tuna blue, because that appears to be the only way to get the brightness I am looking for.

I even copied what the api settings the BRS TV guys reccomend when they did a review on it, still to dark...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The api I was running was:

Uv 119%

V 116%

Royal blue 79%

Blue 80%

G 4%

R 4%

Cool white 19%

Even  with everything at 100% I do not think I am getting half the brightness from your pics.

I will send photos tomorrow and show you the difference.  I am still hoping for a full recovery from this go round.

After switching to the ai hd my beautiful purple mushrooms went totally brown. 😯

The first photo is my old lighting system, directly below it the ai hd.

I have the ai neck and it is extended as high as I can possibly make it stretch.  The further away the light the less par.

After I spoke with a sales rep today I would need a minimum of 2 for the higher par and no shadows.

One light is good for a 12x12, not a 24x12.20190214_153826.jpg

20190214_153908.jpg