Mario Urroz

Tank cycle algae bloom

So here we are 30 days after my move and all my tank mates died off due to cold in transit. (heater and air failed) i tried cleaning as much dead stuff of and filled tank. It was horrible first few week. I left for 2 weeks and when i got back this is how i find things . First the smell is gone. But there are hair algae blooms . Ive water changed about 20 gallons since i got back 2 days ago . a466959185d480284be481b1e49e55aa.jpgaaccfa696a88260b1b8b8869e8852ecd.jpg20190209/3657267abc63fe7707123a3b6d9ab61a.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any corals in the tank? I wonder if you could run a bunch of carbon and gfo and leave the lights off? And manually remove as much as possible. Your tang will hopefully help a bunch too. 

What kind of equipment are you running on it? Have you tested your parameters since you got back?

Since i got back i have not ran any tests on it . I need to i was going to go to tests later today but have to go to a lfs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That'll be a good place to start. Make sure it's finished cycling. See what your phosphates are.

That's a good idea. Just in case it's not done cycling.