The new tank is up!

eddius-maximus

New home / well sealed and high CO2?
It would be interesting to track to see how long the media lasts. My home is up in the 1000 to 1200 ppm CO2 range a lot and I added a scrubber which was only effective for a few days/ a week tops before the media began to expire. A little bit later I ran a 1/2 Pex line outside to bring fresh air into my skimmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correct, new(ish) home, very well sealed. If your media is expiring quick, have you tried the trick where you run a hose to your skimmer cup?

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-best-way-to-implement-a-co2-scrubber.330806/

Instead of adding a little water to the bottom of the media, run a hose on one side to your skimmer cup and the other side to your skimmer's silencer. It can extend your media up to weeks.

I implemented a line feeding from the skimmer cup and increased media effectiveness from about 10 days to 4 weeks.  The supply line to the skimmer coming from the scrubber is bypassing the silencer and direct to the venturi inlet, which is why it's not connected in the pic (people were thinking I had connected the hoses wrong first time I posted this 😀 )

9EVif09l.jpg

UFfEeIMl.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Reefpuck said:

I've been there a few times and never noticed any acros. Do they carry them regularly?

About a year ago they plumbed off one of their tanks to make a dedicated acro tank. They brought in a *massive* selection of wild acro colonies. Jaw dropping stuff. I must've spent over 2 grand in a month there.

Then at some point their new SPS tank started getting gnarly algae. They took it offline to get it back under control -- they never bought another batch of acros. I still call them every two weeks to ask if they're getting any new shipments in. Nothing yet!

• Like 1