Ashton

Ashton's Waterbox 15

52 minutes ago, BobcatReefer said:

In a tank that small, I would avoid GSP like the plague.  It is bulletproof and will grow like the weed it is, so unless you put it on it's own little island*, it's only a matter of time before that entire rock structure is covered.

*If  you do make an island, I would suggest raising it up out of the sandbed and hovering it.  GSP grows towards light, so it won't go underneath in the shade.  If you leave a GSP rock on the sandbed, it will eventually grow out onto the sand as well.

Welcome to ARC!

I'm going to put it on the back wall. I figure if it looks bad I can scrape it off with a razor blade. My first attempt at this failed miserably as it had fallen off by the morning.  I'm using Gorilla Glue Gel but even despite it being a gel it seems to immediately disperse in the water when I put the frag into the tank.  I'm going to try again, but for now I'm waiting to see some polyps come back out as I seem to have royally pissed it off trying to press it onto the glass. Once it seems to be doing okay I'll take it back off the sand bed and retry the glue process.

31 minutes ago, Dogfish said:

They can eat stuff off the chaeto until you start feeding your tank. You wont see big population growth without feeding unless you have an established tank.

Josh is great, I just got in on the 2 for 1 pod deal from them.

Yep Josh mentioned that if I want a big population, I can feed a fish pellet every so often and keep the tank fish-less until the pod population really takes off.  Really glad @Sierra Bravo mentioned it, both because it seems to be a great company, but also because it's Texan ;)

12 hours ago, Dogfish said:

They can eat stuff off the chaeto until you start feeding your tank. You wont see big population growth without feeding unless you have an established tank.

Josh is great, I just got in on the 2 for 1 pod deal from them.

I need to know more about this 2 for 1 deal!

It was a roti deal sorry for the mix up. They had the pod deal around christmas

Hi dana,

Just a friendly reminder that today is the last day to take advantage of our Buy One Get One Free on Rotifers deal. We feed rotifers daily at Pod Your Reef because they are a natural and perfectly sized feed for corals and filter feeders. To take advantage of this sale make sure to add two or more rotifers to your cart and use the coupon code "freerots" at checkout. 

Happy Reefing, 

Josh 

• Like 1