Sign in to follow this  
Christyef

Automatic feeders

I’m interested in using an automatic feeder to sprinkle pellets in the daytime while I’m at work. My fish are getting pretty big. I feed frozen daily when I get home. Any brands better than others? Are they a terrible idea? I do not have an apex hooked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gone through two different eheim twin feeders. They work great when they work, but eventually just stop working properly. Something with the augers always messes up and they just don't spin after a year or two. But I did like the option to feed 2 different foods at their own amount and frequency.

Loving the AFS for my apex. Sorry to say it!

• Like 1

I use the apex feeder with Thera+ New Life Spectrum Pellets fed twice a day. Other than remembering to refill it every now and then, I’ve had no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've been using the Neptune cross-over diet, my fish are all fat and they know when the feeder starts.  I have two APEX feeders that feed a total of three rotations mid-day.  No real reason I need two now, but at one point I had a clown tang that was so aggre3ssive with food I wanted to feed in two areas to give everyone a chance... but he's been rehomed now.  I've never had any issues with the APEX... save them running out of pellets before I noticed.

• Like 1