Red flat worms - Flat worm exit

So along with some white pod flat worms I have noticed some red ones in the fuge. They seem to be only on the glass and macro.  I plan on treating it with flat worm exit. Since I can turn off the flow to the main tank, The fuge is a separate tank. I will wipe down the glass,  dose the fuge with the product. Wait a bit then change out 100% of the water. Wipe and drain a second time then refill. Does any one think this will cause an issue with anything like tube worms in the main tank or sponges in the sump?

I have not seen any in the main tank but I think a wrasse or 2 is in the near future.

Also I have read, blue nudi's will eat them. Does anyone know if I can keep 1 or 2 in my fuge? What else do they eat ?

Any inverts eat them?

• Like 1

So along with some white pod flat worms I have noticed some red ones in the fuge. They seem to be only on the glass and macro.  I plan on treating it with flat worm exit. Since I can turn off the flow to the main tank, The fuge is a separate tank. I will wipe down the glass,  dose the fuge with the product. Wait a bit then change out 100% of the water. Wipe and drain a second time then refill. Does any one think this will cause an issue with anything like tube worms in the main tank or sponges in the sump?
I have not seen any in the main tank but I think a wrasse or 2 is in the near future.
Also I have read, blue nudi's will eat them. Does anyone know if I can keep 1 or 2 in my fuge? What else do they eat ?
Any inverts eat them?

I would almost guarantee they are in the display too and you can't see them. I would do what you're doing, treat the fuge separately. It shouldn't cause issue for the other things in the fuge as long as you do the water change and run carbon quickly.

Then personally, I'd follow a week later with a full tank treatment... You'd be surprised how many you'll see in the display. And then another treatment a week after that.

I agree if you see one you've got them everywhere.  Like Ty said, make sure you have plenty of carbon online if you do the flatworm exit.  Some of those flatworms can be toxic when they die.  Use strong aeration too ...

Like Jolt and Ty said, I bet you there are some in the display, just doing a good job of hiding. If you want to completely rid the tank, dose the entire system. I've had better luck over dosing according to the directions and then blasting the rocks with flow to get them into the water column to suck out.