Anyone been in touch with Antonio from EMF?

Sierra Bravo

Still waiting since April on some replacement bimacs from Antonio of Exotic Marine Fish in Houston.  His facebook link doesn't work since last week and I haven't had a response since he last texted me, which was a couple days prior to that.  Great pricing and cares about his fish but communication is not his strong point.  I'd feel better about waiting on these anthias if I know someone has been in communication with him recently.

I ordered a blue tang in January. In April when we finally set up a time and date to meet in Houston, I was already in Houston than he call and told me that he accidentally put the tang in RODI water and the fish is dead. Since April he start promising me to ship the fish to me and at end of June, he end up saying that a guy of him mess up his system and there is no more inventory of stocks anymore and he promised to give me some store credit to use in future. End of July saw him selling some clam and ask if I can use the credit on them, he said okay and we schedule to meet up on weekends. Confirmed with him Friday and he said will contact his manger about the clam. But morning Saturday when I’m in Houston he told me that all the clam had been sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm.  He had my replacement bimacs at one time but there was an A/C issue at his warehouse facility and he lost all of his fish.  I had read in an earlier group buy thread on ARC that he had a similar issue where he lost power and lost all his fish.  He seems to have a lot of bad luck.

I'm not ungrateful that he's willing to replace the fish; he didn't have to.  To be fair I have told him that I'm not in a rush, but at the same time I don't want to wait and possibly have nothing to show for it at the end.  I'm not going to pass judgement yet, but a pattern is emerging.  I'll try calling him again this week and see what happens.

Does he sell to any of the local LFS on a regular basis?  I know he had brought a load of Haitian live rock to somewhere in Austin a month and a half ago but I'm not sure about fish.  I'm asking to see if I can get in touch with one of them to act as a go between (for a fee, of course).

Update:   Antonio called me this afternoon.  He's still in business, not going anywhere, and his Facebook page is down because he's having it redesigned and social media isn't his top priority.

He still has me on the waiting list for bimacs and has asked me to continue being patient.  That's all I wanted to hear - faith restored for the time being.  Thanks @Reburn for helping me get in touch.

I feel obligated to elaborate a bit on this, lest I leave anyone with the wrong idea:  In no way am I trying to make out EMF as a questionable business to deal with or slight Antonio.  He has stood behind his product and his reputation and re-reading this I think I'm coming across a bit negative.  I didn't want to leave that impression publicly on the board as his offer to replace those bimacs really was above and beyond what I had expected.

• Like 1

Hmmm.. someone needs to visit his house/facility in person to confirm this isnt a Madoff with yo fish.

I met him at his house to pick up a while back. He replaced a couple of my fish with no questions asked. He even brought it to Austin when he was visiting a friend here. He is a nice guy as far as I know. I think he may be busy.