Sign in to follow this  
o0zarkawater

Black Longspine Urchin 7" -$20

I have two large longspine urchin available. 7-8"
$20/ea
Bring a bucket.
20180812_094401.thumb.jpg.910f89fe7092f9728eb30473a7c134e0.jpg
I want one of those but think that may be too big. Have they just chowed down all your algae?

These came from a system I just helped shut down and bought all livestock. They are huge and happy, I can even include a small rock with hair algae to start your garden!

I've had them in my 185g before at this size and they were fine, I just don't want to stick them in now because I am adding 7+ fish over the next few weeks and want to avoid fish being bullied into the urchins and getting injured. I have a 1 eyed eel because he was too aggressive trying to feed around a longspine previously.

One is a little smaller than the other, but they are both big guys. Here is a terrible shot of them both in a bucket during transport to give you a better idea of size.

20180811_134226.jpg

• Like 1

These came from a system I just helped shut down and bought all livestock. They are huge and happy, I can even include a small rock with hair algae to start your garden!
I've had them in my 185g before at this size and they were fine, I just don't want to stick them in now because I am adding 7+ fish over the next few weeks and want to avoid fish being bullied into the urchins and getting injured. I have a 1 eyed eel because he was too aggressive trying to feed around a longspine previously.
One is a little smaller than the other, but they are both big guys. Here is a terrible shot of them both in a bucket during transport to give you a better idea of size.
20180811_134226.thumb.jpg.48f42720e699b8e5e1673190666bffe7.jpg
Thx. Waaay too big for me but GLWS

Or maybe I should just give them haircuts so they can go into a smaller tank?

3" Black Shortspine urchin available soon!

Think hairdye would work? BRIGHT BLUE URCHINS!

Perm?

UrchinHawk!

51 minutes ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Anything with a mohawk gives a bad first impression, no one will want to buy them then. Some middle school teacher told me this, so it must be true

I cut it off this past weekend. I still phantom run my hands over my head pulling it back. RIP SummerHawk

2 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Anything with a mohawk gives a bad first impression, no one will want to buy them then. Some middle school teacher told me this, so it must be true

I resemble that remark. It was prob an english teacher. We never saw eye to eye. Maybe it was the eye liner. Was never good at impressing people with my stunning good looks and green hair. I would take the urchins but im way too far away.

1 hour ago, Dogfish said:

I resemble that remark. It was prob an english teacher. We never saw eye to eye. Maybe it was the eye liner. Was never good at impressing people with my stunning good looks and green hair. I would take the urchins but im way too far away.

I can bring them to work in North Austin (Balcones Woods & 183), but I don't go any farther South into the weird place.

There is a good reason I bought in Georgetown. Probably the same as you are out in Wimberley.

8 minutes ago, o0zarkawater said:

I can bring them to work in North Austin (Balcones Woods & 183), but I don't go any farther South into the weird place.

There is a good reason I bought in Georgetown. Probably the same as you are out in Wimberley.

$84 a sq ft?

2 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

$84 a sq ft?

You've been to my neighborhood. If I could sell my house for $84/sqft I'd be a rich man and moving out to Walburg.

What were we doing in this thread again?

Oh yeah, Anemones. Who needs anemones?!