WTB Large Tank - 125+ gallons

Logan Schwandt

Im looking to replace my 125 rr tank in my living room... Wife doesn't want a real with a dump in the living room anymore... Looking for a 125 or more gallon tank with no overflows. Also will be selling my 125 when i find a new tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Im looking to replace my 125 rr tank in my living room... Wife doesn't want a real with a dump in the living room anymore... Looking for a 125 or more gallon tank with no overflows. Also will be selling my 125 when i find a new tank.

Why in the world does see not want a sump? Is it not setup to be quiet?

IMO, you’ll absolutely regret losing your sump if you make the change. They’re very beneficial and make filtering, adjustments, dosing, hiding equipment etc... MUCH easier. Reconsider! Haha

Cleaning a canister filter VS changing out a sock in a sump.... sump all day.

Do you NEED a sump? Do you NEED a canister filter? Well, no. However, when used properly, they are extremely beneficial at removing fish waste and excess food before too much is collected in the tank and breaking down at the same time. Canisters are a maintenance nightmare in comparison if you want to clean them REGULARLY. You never want your tank to turn into a second job. That’s one of the things that makes people get out.

Also, I believe you’re fairly close to me from the last time we talked. I’d live to come check it out ASAP if you’re serious about selling. Granted, I’ve been leaning towards a much longer tank.

That’s such a nice set up! Is it bc of the flood potential? There are ways to help with that. A tiny siphon break in the return like. Check valves in the return with unions so they can be cleaned and replaced. All the research I did said dont get check valves bc they fail. When I broke down my 55 I saw a possibility of why. The salt water eats rubber. So, if the valves are maintained and replaced every 6-8 months, that should alleviate the chance of flood. Atleast, that’s what I’m going to do, bc my sump won’t hold all my siphoned water. My return is 4” below the water line [emoji51]

31 minutes ago, Christyef said:

That’s such a nice set up! Is it bc of the flood potential?

Dont get check valves bc they fail. But..........that should alleviate the chance of flood. My sump won’t hold all my siphoned water. My return is 4” below the water line emoji51.png

So we are playing with fire (water) are we now?