How to setup a Calcium Reactor

HarleyGuy

I agree. Too much pressure not good. My tank water enters the pvc just before the recirculating pump. My Co2 comes into the pvc as the water gets sucked back to the pump. This prob causes some suction on the Co2 pipe.

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

you dont wanna "pressurize" the chamber too much in my opinion.  you definately dont want so much pressure where you are fighting the CO2's input from ever reaching the system. so if the valves are in the input, everything in the system gets pushed out as you put it in.   if you put the valves at the end, you create some backpressure.  minimal backpressure is good, and probably helps the valves from not clogging, but it will be a little harder to fine tune. both methods are pretty equal and it just depends on how it works out for you.  so.. thats the main take-away.. you cant reach water psi above the co2's input psi or you are fighting the co2 regulator.

That makes sense, thanks!

3 hours ago, Dogfish said:

I agree. Too much pressure not good. My tank water enters the pvc just before the recirculating pump. My Co2 comes into the pvc as the water gets sucked back to the pump. This prob causes some suction on the Co2 pipe.

I’m going to put needle valves on each end. Limit the incoming flow and control the outflow, That  should work hopefully.