Sign in to follow this  
ckyuv

Power strip / timer recommendations

So I have been looking to change up the time on my lights a little bit. Right now I have the coralife 8 outlet power strip where you can do do 2 outlets on / off. Does anyone know of any other good ones where you can program outlets individually? Not really looking to get an apex or controller if I don’t have to, it’s a little more wires than I need but I am looking to be able to control 3 outlets on separate times.

Edited by ckyuv

Individual wall timers is what I have always used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the most reliable timer I've come across:

https://www.amazon.com/Intermatic-TN311-Heavy-Grounded-Timer/dp/B00LAI1O1U/ref=sr_1_2?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1531741898&sr=1-2&keywords=intermatic+timer

But there's also wifi timers like this one you can program with your cell phone:

https://www.amazon.com/Socket-Outlets-Compatible-Google-Assistant/dp/B07CMNH8F9/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1531742067&sr=1-1&keywords=wifi+outlet+timer

I used the one Timfish recommended on my old tank before apex . I now use 4 of them for our christmas stuff.

Coralife Power Center was all that I used to control my aquarium until I started CO2. It's not very expensive and controls 8 plugs. One thing that I liked about it was that the batteries kept the settings after a power outage. I've also used the one Timfish recommended and it works well as long as you don't lose the start/stop pins. I eventually replaced it with a $15 digital timer that controls two plugs. 

• Like 1