Building a 165 gallon

Christian

Hey guys, you might be able to help me out.

I am getting a 165 gallon aquarium and am looking for a way to make random flow the aquarium has two 1” holes drilled into the bottom of the tank and I know their is a fitting with a random flow built in but I can remember what it’s called or should I get a couple of pumps and place them on my apex with random on and off cycles?8ec48f33cafa6fed1ae1eec3cdbeb413.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my pipes in the 125, I used Krylon sand finish. I would avoid any thing with metalic in it. It might be ok but better safe than ...  I think that Krylon Fusion paints are safe for in the tank applications. I painted my return pipes black that are in my overflow box and it is not coming off nor do I see any bad effects and my coral. I think as long as you let it dry for a week, most of the solvent carrier will evaporate.

Most of the pipe will be covered by rock I think so I won’t see much of it. I might do lock line that way it’s already black. And then let GSP cover it so that way they are not as noticeable.

Got the aquarium home and on it’s stand.
I think we have found the perfect place for the tank right between our office nook and the living room.
8a0be721894433922e1db6a7f7c9b758.jpg

The sump I got for it as well.
48607bca31e961b42e52ba99e301c968.jpg
The sump has a built in section for a refugium just have to find a small pump, I’m sure I’ve got one or 7 laying around.

• Like 1

Got to plumbing almost done once I move my pump from my other tank and add some strapping to hold my drain line I think I will be all set to get the tank up and running.
51c3f70a650e40b6929001def7e538b9.jpg
966383705536e90a0b18887fa1870950.jpg

What do you guys think?
5a69f87253f213f6f160332525247495.jpg what kinds of corals and fish should I put in the aquarium

Currently their is 4 clowns, 3 yellow tail damsels, 1 Blue chromes, 1 banded coral shrimp, 1 queen conch, a chevron tang, some hermits and 3/4 large turbos.