Power out

FarmerTy

I hope others made it out of the storms okay last night.

Just reaching out to see if anybody has an Ecotech back up battery I could borrow for the day. Power has been out since 1am and it doesn't look like its going to be fixed anytime soon.

I'll be getting a generator this morning but having the backup battery would be great if someone doesn't mind unhooking it from their system for the day to buy me some more time.

I'm currently running 3 battery powered air pumps but I'm sure the corals/fish would appreciate a bit of water circulation too.

Just let me know and I can grab whenever today! Thanks all!

-Ty

Sorry to hear about your power.   We didn't get a drop down here.  If you can't find a generator right away don't forget you can use a car inverter.  Run your car outside of the garage with an extension cord to your pump controller for 15 minutes every hour. 

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your power.   We didn't get a drop down here.  If you can't find a generator right away don't forget you can use a car inverter.  Run your car outside of the garage with an extension cord to your pump controller for 15 minutes every hour. 
Thanks Scott! I bought a 400 watt inverter as a back-up plan years ago. I appreciate the reminder as I didn't even think about it this morning. I went and dropped a bunch of cash at Home Depot on a generator and we at least have a return pump, a circulation pump, and a fan going right now. The next big hurdle is going to be temperature control without any AC. Fortunately it is overcast today so far.

I'll be using ice as needed. Hope everyone else has power!
  • Like 2

My power has also been out since midnight. I used up all the juice on my battery back-up pack, so had to go buy a generator as well. My budget only allowed one with 700 amp output. I have 2 powerheads and a bubbler. That should keep them going, I hope.
I have a concern about the sump. That water has been sitting 11 hours thus far. The last update I got from Oncore has now moved the repair time from 11 am to 4 pm. IF we are so lucky and it is restored at 4 pm, the sump Water will have sat for 16 hours. Is it safe to fire up the return and pump that water back into the system? Would a bubbler there help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My power has also been out since midnight. I used up all the juice on my battery back-up pack, so had to go buy a generator as well. My budget only allowed one with 700 amp output. I have 2 powerheads and a bubbler. That should keep them going, I hope.
I have a concern about the sump. That water has been sitting 11 hours thus far. The last update I got from Oncore has now moved the repair time from 11 am to 4 pm. IF we are so lucky and it is restored at 4 pm, the sump Water will have sat for 16 hours. Is it safe to fire up the return and pump that water back into the system? Would a bubbler there help?

I threw a bubbler in my sump Christy. Now that the return pump is back on, I turned it off.

I don’t think my generator can support my return pump. I don’t want to overdo it. I will get a better generator when money allows. Or should I run the return pump and unplug the powerheads? What do you think is more important? The return pump will also aerate the water. 2 birds maybe?

2 hours ago, Christyef said:

I don’t think my generator can support my return pump. I don’t want to overdo it. I will get a better generator when money allows. Or should I run the return pump and unplug the powerheads? What do you think is more important? The return pump will also aerate the water. 2 birds maybe?

Yes maybe a better choice.  Aeration is the key here.  700 watt might just do it. It takes more watts to get it started once it starts it draws less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

I lost like $1500 in coral and my power was only out for 25 minutes emoji23.png.... emoji24.pngemoji24.png

yea, but you had been drunk and freaked out and pee'd in the tank... what do you expect?

I lost like $1500 in coral and my power was only out for 25 minutes [emoji23].... [emoji24][emoji24]
I think you underestimated how many frags you could have made out of that colony.

Blame it on the tank sitter... He sounds incompetent to let something like this happen!