Possible toxic sealant

Beaux

I finished my sump tank build finally. I started with aquarium sealant from my LFS, but the only had 1 tube.

Not to mention it was very difficult to use and I could not find any others local. So I went to Home Depot and the guy in the department recommend Loctite PL Marine adhesive, claiming it to be fish safe.

I just wanted to finish up and was exhausted from all the many hours I put into getting the build completed and let it set.

I started the sump yesterday, and by early evening I noticed some of my corals were retracting.

I checked the company's website only to be left with more questions than answers. They have not tested it with aquariums so no answer there.

I know it could be the corals being upset with the introduction of the sump. My numbers are all good. It is a 20 long and has been up for close to 2 years now?

So should i wait it out? Transfer them to another tank that just finished it's cycle, remove the sump?

Once they have been exposed to toxins (if it is even toxic), is there any hope for them?

Nothing has died, rather ticked off.

Thank you for your input.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i used loctite PL in the past for pond applications. no issues there but obviously the sensitivity is lower. try adding some activated carbon if you dont have any. 
Thank you Victoly,
That is the first thing i did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk