It’s finally that time! It’s not a build, it’s an upgrade.

Christyef

Nice upgrade! Hows that weeping willow doing that you picked up? Looking forward to see this tank as it fills out.

btw, I think you have a period at the end of your youtube link thats causing it not to re-direct properly.

Huh. Thanks. It uploads on my phone. Ill try to figure it out. Ugh. Technology. Lol. She’s doing great! I’ll snap a pic when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So, my diatoms are seriously less than they were. I got 30 turbo snails and 20 cerith to try to help clean up all the junk. It’s helping tremendously. I got a conch for the sand bed. Just love those things. They’re very efficient. I still don’t totally understand the radions so I’m renting a par meter tomorrow to see if I have them on too high or not high enough. My zoas aren’t real happy, but everything else seems to be. I added a second DI resin filter to my RODI and am happy, embarrassed, excited to say this is the first time ever I’ve had zero TDS. LOL.
I tested my water today and all checked out good except calcium. It’s 320. [emoji37]. I used Hanna, Red Sea, and API. All were with in a couple hundredths of each other on all parameters. I’m not building a watch here, so I’m gonna stick with api for awhile bc I’m lazy when it comes to testing and they’re easy. I’m also happy to report to Ty, that when I added the po4 reactant to my sample it didn’t turn blue!!!!!!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]. My po4 was .22. Also lowest it’s ever been. Lol. Will bring it down a bit more, but excited about that. I’m going to begin kalk in my ATO when it arrives from BRS. That’s the best route for me. I have the 2-part and dosers, but think I’d like the simplicity of the kalk better.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Super happy momma!!! dd157a063c0fb7441e75a096e8e72242.jpg. Happy bday present to myself. Lol. b215ccda8e9a414c2eee8c9cfe4981a7.jpg725bc69185c403654f17c534b25dd753.jpg44ab915b19f74c91fe8a9f767864d431.jpg325d9d45165b8e6ebff6806670abf9e6.jpg. I bumped up the lights one hour (4 hours/day now), still dosing the 5 ml h2o2 every 12 hours. Dialed the skimmer back some. My tank looks so good! All my parameters are in check. Even my po4! Lowest it’s ever been. All my zoas and palys are open. [emoji7][emoji7]. So I love with my tank right now!

• Like 4

My own Photo dump.  LOL   My tank is doing pretty good right now. I was very worried for awhile that I wouldn't be able to get the algae problem under control. I've actually added a few SPS to try. So far so good! I really like zoas and LPS, so am super excited to see all these grow out. I will probably redo my rocks cape when things settle a bit. Make some of the rocks into more individual looking structures. Get the SPS closer to the top and make more shadows and caves for my zoas and mushrooms. I'm still running my UV sterilizer. I kept it online bc I have a hippo with ich. No surprise there. I'm also dosing polyp lab medic (since friday last week), with no success. bummer  I'm going to have to catch her and QT. She scratches on the sharp tips Of my cerith snails. Im afraid she's gonna hurt herself. I HAVE PODS growing in my sump already!!!! YAY. I thought  the UV killed pods and my hippo still has ich, so maybe the UV isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing. ???   I also got a reef link to control my lights and MP40. LOOOVE!!  I'm not the best with technology, but when I do figure it out and it works right..... woowee!!  So cool.  LOL   I'm also easily amused. ;-)

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Saw your FB comment on your shark on Jennifer's post but didn't want to hijack her post.  Regarding nitrates and your shark;  you definitley want to get your nitrates down.  I suspect the cloudy eye is bacterial like in fish but high nitrates will cause other health issues long term for your shark.   Nitrates are also not good for your corals either, tending to push the mutualistic relationship between corals and zooxanthellae towards a parasitic one in favor of the zooxantheallae.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw this. I was able to get my nitrates down finally, but the damage was already done I think. She lost her eyes and wasn’t able to compete with my bigger fish for food [emoji29]. I hand fed her directly, but the bigger fish would still occasionally steal it from her. I lost her a week ago [emoji22]. Sad day.