Salt evap

Hello everyone! Thanks in advance for reading this topic and providing any helpful input. I have a 55 gallon saltwater setup (no reef setup - yet), it is pretty close to my back door and a large window. The door is not screened but doesn't provide much direct light to the tank, the large window has blinds which are shut 99% of the time. Since I've placed my tank here I've noticed much more salt forming on the rim of my tank and running down the back side of my tank on some of my equipment. The top is currently just those glass plates, and then I have my lighting that  sits above the glass plates. Can someone recommend a good way for me to keep my tank from losing so much salt? If I need a different hood kit then I'm open to suggestions but I want to make sure that it'll solve the problem before I get anymore equipment. 

Thanks,

Travis.

Sounds like "Salt Kreep". The cause is splash, bubbles or something that agitates the surface water. When it drys you are left with salt. You are notice this now because it is drying faster being close to the window. You will need to keep the water from splashing on the rim. Or seal the back so the moisture stays in the tank.

• Like 1