Possible white algae?

+1.    What you need to look out for is white slimy patches which indicates a necrotic bacterial infection.    All corals and anemones inflate and deflate to some degree periodicaly so don't expect it to look the same all the time.  Whether the deflation is indicative of a problem or normal behavior is difficult to determine and often takes experience to recognize which it is.  You should also know tube anemones are difficult to maintain as evidenced by the lack of reproduction in captivity.

I decided to remove the white mass. It all came off in one piece and felt almost like a suction cup when I pulled it off. Once I had it out of my tank I broke it apart. It contained a lot of substrate like old snail shells and bits of rock. I’ve been doing some digging on the internet and I think it might be a fungus of some sort. It would explain the rapid growth. My tube anemone seems to be doing okay. It’s not flopped over like it was yesterday. I haven’t noticed any more of the stuff in my tank. Hopefully it’s gone for good!

Archived