Corals

April Debuysere

First thing I'd say is don't be in too much of a rush. Read lots. The crew here are great at answering questions and taking their time with newcomers. Compared to a lot of the peeps here, I am still a total newbie!

Welcome,

Paula

6 hours ago, April Debuysere said:

Hi! I live out in canyon lake.. but work in austin. I have a 29 g BioCube I’m setting up. 

Not too far from me. So you will want a few "nano fish" and small corals. I would avoid any kind of "pollys". They may look cute but I my opinion they are a pain.

I’m not sure what “polly’s“ are!  I’m not going for anything to wild a couple clowns and a goby. For corals I like the zoas duncan pulsing Xenia mainly the “ softies” and  frog spawn or tourches. Kenya tree seems pretty cool. I have lots to learn before I have all that in my tank!! Also will take all advise on corals/ fish to start with I want to have a successful reef tank not kill a bunch of animals

Good choices.

You can read this about zoas.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/zoanthidcompfaqs.htm

You have a biocube.  If you find something is taking over your tank, removing of zoas, xenia, ect...will not be an issue.

oh I forgot the polly thing. I prob should say paly/poly. They are just not my thing, but others love them and have great tanks. Here is some more recommendations.

http://www.mrsaltwatertank.com/these-corals-need-warning-labels/

i think I am going to do either toad stool leather or hammer coral to start with and clown fish. Do you think getting a pair is worth it or just get two with one being notable larger ( will they likely fight if not already a pair?)

If you buy two at the same time with one a little larger and same type they should not fight and most likely will pair up down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived