Hello

Giovani25

Hi my name is giovani I just move to San Antonio I'm from PR but i was living in new Jersey i had a 60 gallons cube the i have sell because of the moving can anyone recommend me a good lfs the I can go and start from the beginning I brought with me a jbj 10 gallon so I'm going to start with that until I get settled here 

3 hours ago, Giovani25 said:

Hi my name is giovani I just move to San Antonio I'm from PR but i was living in new Jersey i had a 60 gallons cube the i have sell because of the moving can anyone recommend me a good lfs the I can go and start from the beginning I brought with me a jbj 10 gallon so I'm going to start with that until I get settled here 

I have been to one store in San Antonio. Salty Fish. They are not a polished store. They have a lot of basic equipment. I did see a clam in one of their tanks. They service aquariums. A lot of their tanks were empty when I was there. Maybe you can pick up a used tank from them.

Hello from San Antonio as well.   I'm not Puerto Rican but I've been there many times and know the food.   Get used to tacos, brother - you're going to miss mofongo, frijoles negros, platanos maduros, bacalao and of course pasteles unless you brought someone with you that can cook!

I wrote this up not too long ago for someone else.  Our LFS are not as good as those in Austin, unfortunately.  Too bad to hear about Salty Fish as they were one of the better ones last time I was there:

Here are five that I've been to:

Salty Fish: 5535 Brewster St, San Antonio, TX 78233

Very knowledgeable owner (Terry), good selection of fish and a decent collection of SPS/LPS/softies/some inverts. They were setting up a new SPS frag tank last time I was there.

Elegant Reef: 301 W Nakoma Dr, San Antonio, TX 78216

Decent fish and a small selection of LPS and softies. Mark, the store manager, is very knowledgeable. Best pricing for food and dry goods.  Small shop.

Aquarium Designs: 15229 San Pedro Ave, San Antonio, TX 78232

Good people, nice sized selection of fish and sometimes a fairly decent selection of coral. They turn a lot of product so there is always something new in there. Expensive for dry goods.

South Seas Aquatics: 5440 Babcock Rd A133, San Antonio, TX 78240

Usually has a larger collection of SPS/LPS frags including "named" varieties. Decent variety of fish every time I've been in there. They say they have a quarantine system for incoming livestock, not sure if they do or don't but their fish always look healthy.

Texas Tropical and Marine: 4034 Vance Jackson Rd, San Antonio, TX 78213

Cheapest place in town for any size tank. Not very good for anything else.  I don't care much for the staff.

3 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

A cook eh? Do you trade corals for meals? 😋

Shame on you!  Never call a chef a cook.  That's like calling a doctor a chiropractor.  😀

Giovani - look at Gig 'em's tank thread.  You're going to want to do a four course, maybe even a seven, for his frags!  😋   (trying to help you get fed, Gig)

Archived