victoly

Victoly's 210........

Love the PM2 box.  Mind sharing where you purchased it? I'm moving all of my electronics out from underneath my sump but may need something like that for the probes.

Lighting

ATI 8x80w 60" 

The original fixture i bought 2nd hand "had minor exterior cosmetic damage". What I found when I got it unboxed at home was pretty substantial damage to the reflectors. So that wasn't fun. 

IMG_3393.thumb.jpg.b1d3f7672990388a02db6db9a75e95ea.jpg

IMG_3392.thumb.jpg.d78b2fc0cb174eed4f0ef392676a53ce.jpg

Bulbs

2 Tropic T5 6500K

3 Blue Plus

Purple Plus

True Actinic

Coral Plus

IMG_3554.thumb.jpg.af7c56b56ffd65c194d3b15e78526bdf.jpg

Photo Period

Right now I run 8 hours of blues a day, purely to get some algae and microbiology going as there aren't any coral in the tank yet. I run the whites for an hour a day. The heat is manageable with venting and the PAC set at 80 F. You can also see the suspension method. 

IMG_3396.thumb.jpg.d23ea485352c8503ceee9c39851dc13c.jpg

At some point I'd like to add an orphek LED bar, but there's really no need at this point because of the lack of coral. As is, it makes the room pretty blue....IMG_4231.thumb.jpg.545c89ebd5843291ba054dcfe8126d46.jpg

Here are the three panels of screen tops I made with the BRS kit. 

IMG_5105.thumb.jpg.3d68f73e68094e7ec6992bb329d02d78.jpg

IMG_5101.thumb.jpg.f75c26cc1d7bee671a64faaa1323c375.jpg

IMG_5099.thumb.jpg.5725f80924d365175387507bf50141d5.jpg

That’s the exact bulb combo I ran before I moved back to halides. Don’t you love it? It has the natural daylight look of a real slice of water but still maintains the kaleidoscope of coral colors. No browning out

Take a crisp $20 to come arrange my electrical like yours is? We can talk Aggie football while you work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love the PM2 box.  Mind sharing where you purchased it? I'm moving all of my electronics out from underneath my sump but may need something like that for the probes.

uxcell 7.9 inches x 4.7 inches x 2.2 inches 200mmx120mmx56mm ABS Junction Box Universal Project Enclosure w PC Transparent Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0723DW8JM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_q.c6Db3BTJHVZ

Uxcell makes them in a huge variety of shapes and sizes. I used a cable gland for cable pass through. I also had to shave down the usb cable to get it through the gland.

That’s the exact bulb combo I ran before I moved back to halides. Don’t you love it? It has the natural daylight look of a real slice of water but still maintains the kaleidoscope of coral colors. No browning out

Take a crisp $20 to come arrange my electrical like yours is? We can talk Aggie football while you work

No coral yet :) still getting fish qt’d. I like the bulb combo a lot, I May add in a blue bar and some moonlights at some point.

Crisp 20 buys me the gas from Austin to BCS, maybe. Lol. And I don’t think either of
Us want to talk football anytime soon.

1 hour ago, victoly said:

On to my apex setup. Its a doozie....

I have two cabinets. Each cabinet houses an EB832 and associated equipment. 

My setup now is an

Apex Brain unit powered over PoE (UPS backed up in my server rack)

EB832-Left

1) T5 Blue

2) T5 Whites

3) T5 Fans

4) Powerstrip

5) Maxspect Gyre Power

6) Calcium Reactor Feed Pump

7) Calcium Reactor Mix Pump

😎 Calcium Reactor Regulator

24vA - RO Feed Solenoid

24vB - RO Dump Solenoid

EB832-Right
1) Skimmer

2) Heater

3) Power Strip

4) Frag Tank Heater

5) Frag Tank ATO

6) QT Power (air pump right now with UPS backup)

7) QT Power

😎 Empty

24vA Empty

24vB Empty

Fluid Monitor Module

Switch 1 - Sump Hi

Switch 2 - Sump Lo

Switch 3 - Leak

Switch 4 - Frag Hi

24v - ATO Pump (located in water station)

1Link

24v1- RODI Flow Solenoid

24v2 - WAV-Left

24v3 - WAV-Right

PM2-1 

Conductivity Display Tank

Temp Probe Display Tank

All switches unused

PM2-2

Temp Probe Mixed Salt Water

PM 2-2 Breakout Box Switch

RO Full Pressure Switch

Saltwater Distribution Valve Open

Saltwater Distribution Valve Closed

Remaining Switches Unused

Neptune AFS

EB4 (Water Change Station)

1) RO Transfer Pump (Mag 5)

2) SW Transfer Pump (Little Giant)

3) Transfer Valve

4) Mix Pump (DCP-3000)

IOTA

AI Hydra

Maxspect ICV6 controls both Maxpsect 350 gyres

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

I used raceways from monoprice to go from the channels, and then under the tank area to contain all of the probes and wires. 

IMG_4451.jpg

IMG_4657.jpg

To start in the middle, i use a PM2 to have an additional temp probe, and then I get away from some of the interference issues with the salinity probe. I boxed it off with one of these to keep it dry. 

IMG_4449.jpg

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_4452.jpg

Looks great!

Curious what is this beast for?:  image.png

Looks great!

Curious what is this beast for?:  image.thumb.png.058c1413c557598c6278ef3d391e72dd.png

That’s the feed pump for the calcium reactor. When I have something in my tank that consumes calcium.... :P

• Like 1

So what happened with the reflectors? Were you able to fix them? Get your money back?

Hah. well I filed a claim on paypal, because the seller absolutely misled me. their solution was to ship it back and refund me. which would have cost more than a new set of reflectors.... so i bought a new set of reflectors. 

Looks good Ian.  I can't really see that much difference between your initial layout and the final

It’s not super different, mostly just less rock. I’ve got another 50 lbs in the sump, so I’m not worried about lack of surface area, but I did want to allow for growth more than I wanted a big rock scape.

Couple questions. How did you get the PVC attached to the rock? And how many pieces is it in? It looks great! 

• Like 1

There's really only one large piece (the one on the left) with removable PVC rods holding them together. All the others are single pieces stacked. Since they're only two rows deep I'm not terrible concerned with a tumble, as they still typically have rod support. 

The PVC is attached, tenuously, with two part epoxy. I would push 2-3 blobs into the rock work to make attachment points, and then push the coupling into the blob. They cured with the weight of the rock on top of them, and for the most part held together. Some of the areas with more loose rubble didnt adhere well and had to be redone. 

Oh okay! That makes sense. I thought you used the epoxy to attach the rocks to each other.

• Like 1