90g with over sized stand.

dmwhisper10

Might as well try one of these build threads out for myself. I have a 90g that i am going to build an oversized stand to better accommodate all the goodies i want under it. The issue i currently have is i feel a canopy built to size of tank will look funny. So my question is if i should enclose the two sides and only view point will be from the front that way the canopy is as long as the stand or do yall think the canopy will still look good being only as long as the tank? The wall in the picture is the wall im planning on putting the tank. Ill update all my equipment and the stand as i start putting it together43927ad1da5ac78ef871cba5b5923cfb.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Idea . If you build the canopy the size of the tank you can extend the top outward with some 4" crown molding. The style you would use for wall to ceiling. In your case it would not be touching the ceiling. Would add a few inches outward at the top.

Idea . If you build the canopy the size of the tank you can extend the top outward with some 4" crown molding. The style you would use for wall to ceiling. In your case it would not be touching the ceiling. Would add a few inches outward at the top.
I like that idea. Whats your thoughts on the width? I should have mentioned im going to build the stand 5ft wide and my tank is 4ft wide

I would just keep it the same size as the tank. Just eh normal overlap. As far as how far the molding sticks out at the top. I would keep it proportional looking. The taller the hood the more the molding can stick out with out looking weird. Hard to describe this.

Built in tanks look really cool too...if you have the room for them and don't mind only one viewing angle. All personal preference I suppose. But as you said... having a bigger base allows for more goodies/larger sump. 

Built in tanks look really cool too...if you have the room for them and don't mind only one viewing angle. All personal preference I suppose. But as you said... having a bigger base allows for more goodies/larger sump. 
Yeah i really want to make sure i can fit the larger sump, ato container and my calcium reactor with no issues. A larger tank is out of the question too lol

Going to go with a stand similar to this and keep the enclosed side on the side nearest our t.v. This way the side near the hallway still has a view. Should start building the stand by the end of the month.a902071a07c1577db9737b719bb3a1a5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived