NEW AI Prime HD

Hi -

I just picked up an AI Prime HD for my IM Nuvo 10 gallon.  Any suggestions on set up?  I'm thinking of using BRS's settings (in acclimation mode) which mimics EcoTech's coral lab settings.  I should have the gooseneck tomorrow so I'll spend the weekend messing around with the settings but I was just checking in to see if anyone had any advice.   I'm replacing a Hipargero Aquarium LED Lights 30W Saltwater Lighting with 3W Cree Chips which was great little light but not programmable. 

Thank you,

Brett

tankpic.jpg

Starting with a known good setting is a great idea.  I've not used those particular lights, but LED adjustment can be tricky and you should make small adjustments, and preferably only one thing at a time (intensity, spectrum, ...) and give time between adjustments for the coral to adjust so you can then evaluate what if any changes need to made at that time.

36 minutes ago, jolt said:

Starting with a known good setting is a great idea.  I've not used those particular lights, but LED adjustment can be tricky and you should make small adjustments, and preferably only one thing at a time (intensity, spectrum, ...) and give time between adjustments for the coral to adjust so you can then evaluate what if any changes need to made at that time.

Thanks so much for the insight.  I'm hoping that's what the acclimation mode does.   It should reduce the intensity to about about 30% of my desired settings then slowly increase over time.  Fingers crossed! 

3 minutes ago, Atxraider83 said:

There's a group of facebook it's ai prime and hydra.  They have a files section where you can download different schedules including the popular ones like saxby and pirates of the carribean.

Awesome, I'll check them out.  Thanks for the FB group suggestion and providing a couple examples to look for.  Hopefully, I can figure it out and then fix it and forget it. 

• 2 months later...

Can I ask why you went with this particular light over say the Kessil 360? I'm thinking of buying the AI Prime HD or the Kessil for a small 10g nano reef I'm going to start working on. both of these look like great options for lighting. I understand the price difference b/t the two is a big jump.