Jen’s Red Sea reefer 350

Jen_McG

12 minutes ago, Vernon Saunders said:

Any recent pictures?

Not really, I just moved the rock and sand from the chipped tank to the new tank. I’m hoping to have all the equipment hooked up by the end of this week. Then I’ll probably start making water this weekend to start filling it up. This ones going to be an extremely slow build lol! Pics to come if tap talk starts working right again....

1 hour ago, Jen_h said:

Not really, I just moved the rock and sand from the chipped tank to the new tank. I’m hoping to have all the equipment hooked up by the end of this week. Then I’ll probably start making water this weekend to start filling it up. This ones going to be an extremely slow build lol! Pics to come if tap talk starts working right again....

Hey at least your doing a build thread! I've been saving pics meaning to start one... 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

Did you cycle the rock in a bucket of salt water or just going to do it in the tank? Is the sand live? You probably said that, but I didn’t go back through the whole feed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job!  I really like your cabinet layout.  I think you made a great choice going with the mp40s.  I just got a new apex too and I’m very impressed with it.

Why did you change your mind on the lights?  Curious to see how you like the ones you ended up buying.  How are you planning on supplementing alkalinity/calcium?  I don’t see any reason you can’t fill that thing with acropora ;)

Sorry about your damaged tank.  What a PITA!

Clean setup underneath. I smashed as big of a sump as possible under my 90g (55g sump), to get as much water volume as possible. But sometimes I wish I left more room to setup everything else like you did. 👍

9 hours ago, Christyef said:

Did you cycle the rock in a bucket of salt water or just going to do it in the tank? Is the sand live? You probably said that, but I didn’t go back through the whole feed

I used dry rock and dry sand and going to cycle the old fashion way 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Merman said:

Nice job!  I really like your cabinet layout.  I think you made a great choice going with the mp40s.  I just got a new apex too and I’m very impressed with it.

Why did you change your mind on the lights?  Curious to see how you like the ones you ended up buying.  How are you planning on supplementing alkalinity/calcium?  I don’t see any reason you can’t fill that thing with acropora ;)

Sorry about your damaged tank.  What a PITA!

I ended up going with the Giesemann because it was the only hybrid that allowed you to mount it on the tank instead of hanging it from the ceiling. I figure it’s still a t-5/ led combo so you can’t really go wrong with it. I haven’t actually fired it up yet but probably will by the end of this week. As far as dosing, I’ll cross that bridge when it comes 😊 that’s why I’m trying to leave as much space under the stand as possible for future equipment! 

8 hours ago, Reefpuck said:

Clean setup underneath. I smashed as big of a sump as possible under my 90g (55g sump), to get as much water volume as possible. But sometimes I wish I left more room to setup everything else like you did. 👍

Yea when I had my 240 it was super unorganized and would cause anybody anxiety so I took the time and did it right this go around 😄

• Like 1

Yea when I had my 240 it was super unorganized and would cause anybody anxiety so I took the time and did it right this go around [emoji1]

That’s how my current tank is. Total rats nest. Going to plan the 140 much better!

• Like 1

I keep ticking away a little each day. Got the lights turned on, not going to even mess with the programming tonight [emoji42]178878d32ec4a9f692909e7189470af6.jpg

Where are all the fish and corals? [emoji50]

On 5/9/2018 at 8:58 PM, FarmerTy said:
On 5/9/2018 at 8:55 PM, Jen_h said:

Oh I thought that was going to be my wedding gift from you emoji12.png

Man, I was going to get you fish pellets and nori but now you made me ruin the secret!

Shucks... 🤷🏻‍♀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t got much done lately, I did manage to finally hook everything up. It still looks like a mess down there but it’s an organized mess 🤣. Also upgraded my return line with 2 random flow generators to be able to control it a little more. To bad I have another 8 weeks before I can add any livestock [emoji24]. Now all that’s left is programming the light, it’s already giving me anxiety and a headache.....cd6063197bde8f69d8cee61936c639e7.jpg185983670ea5c6722ac768786ac9c2ca.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When your broke because of your wedding and upcoming honeymoon to Hawaii you got to improvise on making a skimmer stand. Water was to high in the sump for the skimmer with a baffle that can’t be adjusted. I needed to raise it up about 3’. So me being a girl and not wanting to mess with pvc or egg crate I just went straight to the kitchen to find something that would work. Woo hoo for good ol cheap Tupperware 🤣. (I would have had money if I would have stuck to my guns and waited till after the honeymoon to add fish....dang you divers den for having a bonded pair of flame hawks) I couldn’t resist, they are one of my favorite fish 🤷🏻‍♀ they’ll be here Tuesday.
4d60f00571474ba22d8f23561751c8dc.jpgf7f3767659c7c26a1f20fff1fab1d520.jpg

16 minutes ago, Christyef said:

emoji33.pngemoji33.png. The poor MIL.... if she needs me to help with any fur or fin, she can call me! I’m close. Lol

You know what I didn’t even think about that, I’m going to definitely keep that in mind. Your such a good friend 😊  (although I didn’t see any mention of feathers in there) haha 

Got some fish in the tank finally. Added 4 flame hawks. So far everyone is eating and pretty happy. No chasing or bickering yet. Although I noticed 3 of them stick together and the last one is kind of a loner so we’ll see how this plays out. Been watching very closely the last 2 days. Here’s some crappy pics, the best that I could get without scaring them. It’s really funny to see all 4 of them watching you and seeing what your doing [emoji23]9a55d1eb5a002eaf0ab2a4a9282f8263.jpgc30936eac47ba575c80ab72ad9f89325.jpg54babbffa00bd7b6de6085e2df140130.jpg

• Like 2