Jen’s Red Sea reefer 350

Jen_McG

On 7/16/2018 at 9:31 AM, BobcatReefer said:

I'm leaving for 10 days in CO at the end of the month and am scared to death....

You might be ok, I had an 11yr old feed my fish because that was my only option lol! Figured it is what it is 🤷🏻‍♀️

On 7/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, FarmerTy said:

Tank was just pissed you didn't take it with you. I feel the same way! emoji19.png

I'm glad those golden nuggets went to a good home! They're a gorgeous pair.

I know i still pretend he doesn’t live right down the street from me so I’m not over there every day emoji38.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Believe me, living close to Ty isn't as great as it's cracked up to be. 😛

Bummer about the tank looking like junk. When I got home from my vacation last month I had at least $2k in dead coral. It's the risk we run if we want to have lives away from Austin :( Hopefully you can get them to all recover quickly. You think the tank was overfed while you were away? What were your nutrient levels at?

Yea the clowns are awesome and annoying. I have mounds of sand everywhere from them. They are constantly kicking it up leaving cloudy water all the time 😒. As far as the nutrients I have no idea. Been overwhelmed with getting things in order at the house. I just knew they were high by looking at the tank. It’s starting to clear up and look much better. Some sps are still pale but I know that will take time to bounce back. And yes the tank was over fed. I had no choice but to leave my 11 yr old niece in charge 😂. I bought a brand new bio pellet reactor but was to lazy to set it up weeks ago. Bummer about your coral I know it was heartbreaking!!!! 

c27887209323bc635ac774f1ba85c56f.jpg

Tanks been running for about 2 1/2 months. Things are going pretty good. Picked up a couple more frags from Juiceman which I’ll post later. Also added a purple tang with really bad lateral line disease. Once he’s healthy and looking good will probably pass him on. Also added a nickel size hippo who’s doing extremely well. Thinking about selling my gold nugget maroon pair. They won’t leave the sand alone and it’s driving me crazy. Tired of cloudy water everyday.

c27887209323bc635ac774f1ba85c56f.jpg

Tanks been running for about 2 1/2 months. Things are going pretty good. Picked up a couple more frags from Juiceman which I’ll post later. Also added a purple tang with really bad lateral line disease. Once he’s healthy and looking good will probably pass him on. Also added a nickel size hippo who’s doing extremely well. Thinking about selling my gold nugget maroon pair. They won’t leave the sand alone and it’s driving me crazy. Tired of cloudy water everyday.

Do the clowns have a nem? Do you need one? I have rainbow and some plain green ones

Do the clowns have a nem? Do you need one? I have rainbow and some plain green ones

Yea they do, it stays in the back of the tank which is perfect, they have one and there’s nothing back there it can sting. It’s a Sherman 🤣

• Like 1

Looking good, and looks like no aggression from the big tang toward the little one

Yea they get along exceptionally well. When I first got them they were in bad shape. Purple tang had really bad lateral line disease and very patchy color to him. Hippo was super skinny looking like he was on the verge of dying. So I brought them home, threw them in and they’ve been doing great. Once they are 100% healthy and the hippo gets a decent size I’ll pass them on to fellow reefers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t posted in awhile. Finally got the tank back on track mostly after my week vacation. Filled it with a bunch of frags. Now to sit back and hopefully watch them grow and not die [emoji23] Everything has been staying pretty stable so far 🤞🏻
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jCPM6E7EGxo

13 hours ago, Christyef said:

Get the "aquarium cam" app on your phone. You can control the colors with a slide scale to take better pics based on what your lights are

Oh ok will give it a shot, thanks! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quick video update! Not much going on. Did make a rookie mistake and burned some tips on my acros. Correct me if I’m wrong sps gods, but I think what happened is I had a fluctuation in my alkalinity. It went up to the 9/10 range. That combined with low nutrients and strong lighting is what caused the burn tips. Maybe I way off, probably am but that’s my theory. I try to keep my alkalinity at 7.5/8
I should have tested first before adding more kalk to my ato at 2 teaspoons per gallon.

• Like 3

dbb81e9582f667a49f89a39dd6bcc22f.jpg
Wwc looney tunes stylo

d878fb8d21f7d874ea31b3bd710d18fe.jpg
Tubbs stellata

43d2fc4bf0f797444a52dd892e4373be.jpg
BSA fruity pebbles monti

18f6b138e0014439920d13fafa18d5eb.jpg
Random zoas

251e766586c2aeff088866eea0ed39a2.jpg
Euphilla garden

da18f4e1320165530069be30f0b90a45.jpg
Full tank shot

04a66857acdfdeca1b688850e3bf31f0.jpg
Orange back fairy wrasse

6255f7e0babc87dde0d8f20eab5821b1.jpg
Random side shot

62d4a10c5e2b614ebf856d95a35a1f24.jpg
My favorite little guy

a87336a40b8378bc1f99410c414dc259.jpg
This guy looks solid a case of bad hlle, might be for sale soon now that’s he’s healthy and looking good

7c9b01250f9d57e7af0f771c4e89f939.jpg

ed0129143f07be7a1db08f7fde0e5bfe.jpg

c42b797198bcae140f9f1db7a29396e4.jpg
Found a little baby head today!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...