Two AI Prime HDs + 4 T5s for 90g mixed reef?

Reefpuck

Hey all. As title says...looking to see if this setup would be sufficient for mixed reef, with predominantly SPS on top half of tank. I understand 2 of these LED fixtures alone wouldn't work for a 90g mixed reef...but with 4 T5s supplementing I'm assuming it'd work.

I'm leaning towards AIs over the Kessil 360...as they're $150 cheaper each, dont require an additional module to control them, and I like how they can be adjusted.

Anyone have experience using these on larger tanks, with some supplemental lighting? 

Thanks for the input guys. I'm coming off a MarsAqua trial that I'm not happy with...and feel like the AI Prime HDs would give me everything I'm looking for...except all the feedback seems to be they're just not powerful enough for my tank (which is why I was looking to supplement them).

Ultimately up to you on what you do, the combo of 4 T5s and the Primes may give good coverage but the primary source would be the T5s knstead of the LED so choosing the right T5s would be important than if the T5s were the supplimental light source. 

Good point. Not sure I want to supplement t5s with $400 worth of leds... so I will take a look at those fixtures ty recommended. 
Ocean Revive is what is over my frag tank currently and what was over my display until 6 months ago.

It was over my old tank too with 3 T5s as supplement. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it. Its over half of Gigems tank too.

My old tank under Ocean Revive fixtures and T5s.

If your nice maybe Ty will tell you how he upgraded his fixtures too.
Its somewhere in the mega thread. [emoji14]

Basically swapped out all 10k, red, and green diodes for 3.5k diodes I found on eBay.

A little solder and some thermal grease is your friend.

40 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Its somewhere in the mega thread. emoji14.png

Basically swapped out all 10k, red, and green diodes for 3.5k diodes I found on eBay.

A little solder and some thermal grease is your friend.

Ok cool. I've swapped quite a few leds on my current fixtures... so should be easy going.

39 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Coral +, blue +, and purple +.

Keep in mind in that video I had already modified my fixtures as stated above.

Appreciate the info! I need to start my build thread soon...so you can see all the problems you're fixing for me. :firefirefire:

Appreciate the info! I need to start my build thread soon...so you can see all the problems you're fixing for me. :firefirefire:

No build thread? I cant believe I've been socializing with you on this forum! [emoji33]

Lol I tried reacting to your last post... and it said I can't do that anymore today.
ARC apparently can't believe it either...
ARC protects me like I'm her baby. She knows I'm a softie and can't take the heat. [emoji22]

Archived