Just lost power

Hey guys I just lost power due to one of those freak showers that hit my house hard. How much time do I have before my 90gal starts having issues? I don't have a battery back up (cause one they are expensive and two I haven't had the funds to buy one yet) so everything is down at the moment.

You can aerate the water manually every 30 min or so and it will help.  Just use a large jug or pot and scoop up water and pour from a height slowly.

A bait bubbler is relatively inexpensive ($20), runs on D cells and is very effective.  Walmart has them in the sporting goods section.

I hope you got your power back and that everything made it through ok.

We had a meeting last year on emergency prep.  Going into Spring there are some good tips we should all look at in the discussion thread from then.

I stayed up till around midnight (when we finally got power back) periodically using my large Fish holder (the large plastic things like at the fish stores they put the fish in after they catch the fish) to dump water back into the tank to help keep it oxygenated. As of right now everyone seems ok and I even found a fish alive I thought died almost a month ago cause I hadn't seen him even when I removed lots of rocks to get out my angelfish. 

Archived