Icecap Gyre Interface Module - Gone?

skot

I was looking at getting a Maxspect Gyre pump for me 58g. I'd like to hook it up to my Apex since its a DC pump and can make many programs.

Looking at all the suppliers it appears to be out of stock or discontinued. Has anyone heard anything about the status of this module?

I'm sure i can find it randomly on amazon, ebay or in stock at a LFS somewhere. My only concern is if it truly is discontinued then if it breaks im SOL. 

Is there another option? Not sure what plug the Gyre's use and if its proprietary or not. 

I think coralvue was the main supplier for this product and they are out of stock also which is the troubling part.

http://www.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre-interface-module-1590

Thanks

That's what i was thinking but did not see any 3.5mm jack on their new controller to work with 3rd party stuff. 

shame if they axed that aspect all together.

@Reburn can you create you own maps with the controller it come with? Code based like the Apex?

thanks,

I didn't see anything. In the videos they made about the Gen 2 new controller; their main theme seemed to be easy mode. no need to program. so i think they are just skipping the customizing option and people. 

No one in town had the newer Gyre pump so i had to order it online. Aqua dome did have one of the modules. 

I give the module that comes with the unit a try and if i need something more custom ill let you know @Reburn if you would still like to sell one.

Archived