Skimmer Help

MrZ2u

I have a Tunze Comline DOC 9001 in an Innovative Marine 25 Gallon Fusion Lagoon and I am not sure its working properly.  I have tried it high and low of its water line mark and all it ever seems to do is fill with relative clean looking water and not the scummy gunk you would expect.  I only have a pair of clowns, cardinals and a single damsel in there and I feed them what they eat.  I keep the chemipure blue nano size pods in there as well but for a very long time so their ability so such things up should expire I would think and the skimmer would show gunk but it never does...in fact, as best I can tell the only thing it does is cause salt spray on the wall behind my tank!

Dunno, just in general it feels like thing thing aint doing what it should be.  Any thoughts?

is it aerating?  when my HOB skimmer stops foaming, two things i check... salt creep clogging the air intake, gunk on impeller.   after i clean it and re-install it, it takes a bit got it to pull a siphon again, but works eventually :)

Archived