Need a HIGH flow pump ASAP

SChrisEV

One of these days I'm going to find the time to update everyone on my build, life's been crazy, but today I'm in need!  I currently have an external Reeflo Dart/Snapper gold that is having some major issues.  Of course, this happens when I have a business trip (tomorrow) so I have one evening to deal with this.  So Ideally I'm looking for the offhand chance, someone has a Reeflo Dart/Snapper (Gold or not, they take the same inputs and outputs) that I could borrow for a week to two while my old one is being fixed.

Last night, expecting a low likely hood of finding a Dart/Snapper laying around,  I prepared my return to allow putting an internal pump inline while the Reeflo gets fixed.  This gives me more options, but because of the setup, I'll need a pretty high flow pump.  With the Reeflo tuned back a little, I calculate that I was getting about 2000GPH even with the head pressure.  And it's rated at 4300GPH with 0 head pressure.  That's not saying I need to match that much but I do need something with a pretty high flow rate.

If you have something I can borrow for a couple weeks, that I can get today, PLEASE let me know!  I can make it worth your while in some form of a coral as a thank you.

Thanks, @Jimbo662, it did.  and Thanks @FarmerTy for providing me with two options, and finally thanks, @HarleyGuy In the end, I'm a convert. :)  I've been running an external Reeflo now for... 5ish years, and I've always loved them, but in my most recent build I've has a number of issues.  I believe it actually has very little to do with the pump and more with my setup and plumbing causing some heat on the pump.  Anyway, I ended up going with a DC pump I borrowed from HarleyGuy (have a new one arriving tomorrow) and using it inside the sump.  In the past, I decided to move away from that because the extra heat (AC pump) that was being added to the water.  We'll see how it goes this summer, but I think I'll be okay.

Anyway, this is such a great community that we have here!

Archived