Josh's Reefer 250

scubasteve92

Hey everyone,

I am starting this thread at work and will post updates later today (hopefully posting this now will force me to do it when I get home :P). I have been in this hobby for a few years now but this is my first tank over 30 gallons :firefirefire:It has been running since mid January and it pretty much cycled at this point.

System Specs:

Display: Red Sea Reefer 250 (54g)

Stand: Standard Black Stand from Red Sea

Sump(upgraded): Trigger Systems Sapphire 26

Lighting: 2x AI Hydra 26HD (Display), AI Prime Freshwater HD (Fuge)

Wavemaker: Vortech MP40QD, thinking about adding a MP10 to the back wall

Return: Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0

Protein Skimmer: Reef Octopus 110SSS 5"

Heater: 2x Eheim Jager 125W

ATO: Tunze Osmolator

Controller: None atm, hoping to get an APEX soon-ish, currently powered by 2x American DJ Powerstrips

Fuge: ball of clean chaeto, 2x 5280 Pod (both from Algaebarn, if you haven't used them.. DO IT!), 1 box of Marinepure ceramic spheres

Rock: 50lbs. of BRS Reef Saver Rock, this was ordered back in Oct. and was in a brute cycling until it went into the tank in Jan.

Sand: 40lbs of Caribsea Fiji Pink sand

Stocking: (**I do not have any of the following yet, these are all things I hope to add to the system**)

Fish: 2x snowflake clowns, green mandarin dragonet (when the pods are booming in my fuge), wrasse (either fairy or leopard), **fish I may get but have not decided on yet.. midas blenny, some small anthias (maybe), yellow tang (MAYBE..), dwarf angel,

Coral: Looking to keep a good mix of corals, some sps, some lps, and some zoas and palys If I had it my way the tank would  be full of acros, but my wife likes movement so I have to include at least some LPS.

Clean Up Crew: purchasing a kit from reefcleaners

That is all I know at this point :firefirefire:

Thank you everyone!!

** Pic Update

I apologize for the crappy cell phone pics.. but here is the tank as it sits now.

I still have to work on my cable management. Please excuse the mess.. I am planning on building a small cabinet that will go to the left of the stand with a potted plant or something on it. It will house my American DJ powerstips and all the modules and eventually an Apex (hopefully).

I will say I wish I had gone with the 350 just so I could have more room under the stand and also the extra foot of tank length, but I am running through 5g of top off every 4-5 days so the 10g ato container would have been much better but I am out of room in the stand.. I guess I could try to work it into the stand cabinet I am planning on building.. Idk

Anyways.. PICS!

7dd7732af63cfa5cff8ed4aa17540eef.heic

01e2894b605143d49a95ce3cd7409124.heic

0819dd73667e1c1fb9c95571685df7c5.heic

8bdb3d67768cc8c1041cf9b3c55b7c63.heic

cb8e2d52bb8e2753a480c4260b17e9c0.heic

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:15 AM, Dogfish said:

Another one of them fancy sumps. Ahhhh some day .........

I really do love it. I'd watch around black Friday. BRS puts them on sale then or you can look through their open box deals and find one on sale.

Archived