ARC Meeting 02/24 (2pm-4pm) FarmerTy's 215 SPS Tank

brian.srock

Attending  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

you clean the cable mess yet? youve had a couple weeks [emoji4]
Really, I've had almost a year... it hasn't gone anywhere. I'll leave it au naturale for all to gander at and know everyone's system is not perfect. [emoji23]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Really, I've had almost a year... it hasn't gone anywhere. I'll leave it au naturale for all to gander at and know everyone's system is not perfect. emoji23.png

Best to leave the cables au naturale. You know the minute you clean them up, a new electronic device will be needed Then yer back in the same boat.

Glad and sad my tank isnt running just yet...i would be broke after Saturday's meet..lol

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Setup a temporary QT! You can buy a whole row of acros in the $10 section and still keep it under $100. [emoji16]

I'm excited to get to meet all y'all Saturday. I've set a limit on money to buy frags with... To keep me honest on spending habits. 
Just eat your equal worth of frags in Vietnamese food and you'll come out even!
Lets see .. 10 per row ....   20+ rows. hum  Where to put them .... Let me get to the bank and see if they will give me a loan.
Hello Mr/Mrs lender, I'd like a jumbo coral loan please. [emoji3]

48 minutes ago, brian.srock said:

If anyone needs coral money I do work for an expense management company and can get you a small loan with rates comparable to a Western Sky loan.

139% APR is an AWESOME rate for coral loans! 

Also, looks like rain that morning so if you're bringing kids hoping to let them play on the playset in the backyard, may not have that option if everything is wet still by that afternoon.

Speaking of kids, I wouldn't consider my back fishroom to be kid safe so I would highly recommend not letting the younger ones unsupervised in there. I'll do my best to put up any sharp fragging tools but there are plenty of fish meds and coral dips (bayer insecticide) on the shelves in that room.

Here's what I have to bring if anyone is interested. ORA Sour Apple Birdsnest, ORA Green Pocillopora, Green Fungia Plate (3"), Aussie Purple Plate (4-5"), ORA Lantana, Red Monti Cap, Reef Raft Nauti Spiral, Watermelon Mushrooms.

We got ourselves a party folks. About 30+ will be coming. See everyone tomorrow at 2pm. I don't have an official topic to discuss but would be happy to go over my system and explain my husbandry practices, everything from system equipment, reactors, feeding, lighting, dosing, maintenance, QT, dips, briefly of course, else we'll be there all day! The goal is to meet other people from the club and chat so we'll have plenty of time for that instead of listening to me drone on and on... That's what the forums is for. [emoji12]

And let's not forget if you have frags/chaeto to trade/sell/share, please bring them. I will be selling a bunch of frags I fragged just for this meeting as well.

Lastly, if you're sick, been around sick people, or just recovered, please skip for this little guy's sake.

a73cb5af4eaaae0b78b2551cb0eec2ca.jpg

If I'm in good enough shape after my surgery tomorrow I'll be there with some $10-$15 frags I need to unload so I can shut down my fish room tank. GE Purple Orchid frags that could use some TLC, I just haven't had the time to bring the fish room tank up to the high standards necessary for keeping stunning SPS. I might bring some other stuff too if I feel up to it. 

This thing is starting to sound like a frag swap! We got lots of frags coming!

Funny story, someone hit me up on Facebook and talked about hitting up the Dallas Frag Swap tomorrow and then heading my way with a 10-passenger van and a bunch of people.

She thought this was a frag swap. I told her it was a meeting and that was a picture of my personal frag tank at home. We laughed and I was happy a giant van of reefers wasn't going to pull up to my house tomorrow. Phew!

This thing is starting to sound like a frag swap! We got lots of frags coming!

Funny story, someone hit me up on Facebook and talked about hitting up the Dallas Frag Swap tomorrow and then heading my way with a 10-passenger van and a bunch of people.

She thought this was a frag swap. I told her it was a meeting and that was a picture of my personal frag tank at home. We laughed and I was happy a giant van of reefers wasn't going to pull up to my house tomorrow. Phew!
So you can host meetings and frag swaps at the new house? This sounds like a great idea!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Archived