TTM Prazi and Copper

Time is close to get some fish. Here is my plan. TTM 2,  3, 2, 3, 2  = 12 days

On Day 3 when they go into the second tank I plan on having it treated with Prazi.  Then one 2 day cycle with no treatment. Then when they go for the next 3 day cycle I plan on Copper. The last cycle will have no chemicals. They will then go into my observation tank for a while to get fattened up on live food before making the big jump.

Does anyone see any issues with this?

I don't think I've ever seen a QT regimen that combines TTM and copper.  Copper for one cycle might help, but obviously you are primarily relying on the TTM with this approach.

Thanks.

Im not big into the chemical thing.  I have always had pretty healthy fish , fresh and salt. Only treated a few fish once. Fresh water, 40 years ago for ich, Over crowding was the likely cause. Things happen you you breed um. Prob weak ones out of the lot.

I think live foods do a lot in the way of boosting immune systems. More variety and less processing the better.

I got the skinny on fresh water dips for flukes. At 78.8F and 35 salinity, you dip for 3 to 5 min in fresh water on day 1 of treatment. Then in 7 days you repeat. Their calculator changes times based on temp and salinity. Taken from http://www.marineparasites.com

From other sources I read Prazi work on flukes upon contact. So I think 24 hours should be more than enough time. However, on fish with very thick slime coats it may not fully penetrate the coating. Thus allowing some flukes to persist.

I got the skinny on fresh water dips for flukes. At 78.8F and 35 salinity, you dip for 3 to 5 min in fresh water on day 1 of treatment. Then in 7 days you repeat. Their calculator changes times based on temp and salinity. Taken from http://www.marineparasites.com
From other sources I read Prazi work on flukes upon contact. So I think 24 hours should be more than enough time. However, on fish with very thick slime coats it may not fully penetrate the coating. Thus allowing some flukes to persist.

I've been able to use prazipro by itself with great success. But the freshwater dip is pretty useful too as a double-check. Just some fish take it better than others so you I wanted to put that warning out there.

It is satisfying to watch the flukes fill up with water and get bloated as they start falling off the fish when doing a freshwater dip though.

Prazipro is also reef safe (other than may kill fan worms) so good to have the option to treat the whole display if the flukes reappear after QT.

Archived