RBTA

Robb in Austin

Is it possible to keep them on a single but good sized rock?...or can they jump ship wherever they want? I really want one...but all my rock work is connected and the thought of moving corals around constantly isn't appealing lol. 

Is it possible to keep them on a single but good sized rock?...or can they jump ship wherever they want? I really want one...but all my rock work is connected and the thought of moving corals around constantly isn't appealing lol. 
My experience has been if they are happy, they'll stay put. I've had them stay in the same place for years. The only issue is when they split, one or both will usually go wandering.

Sherman BTAs will split if you sneeze in the same room as them. They are known for being very prolific.

Rainbows are here or there. I had 3-4 natural splits over the years with my old rainbows. Often, it was caused by a stressor, like I left the light on all night by accident.

Believe it or not, BTAs can also split a lot in poorer water conditions too. Its like a survival technique as well for them that I've observed. That can also cause the constant wandering issue as well.

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:

Believe it or not, BTAs can also split a lot in poorer water conditions too. Its like a survival technique as well for them that I've observed. That can also cause the constant wandering issue as well.

What exactly are you trying to say Ty?!

:angry:

2 hours ago, Reefpuck said:

in mother russia, you dont own anemone, anemone own you.  ie. if you have a wondering nem, pray it doesnt settle where you have expensive stuff.

when mine splits, i notice one wanders faster/more frequently than the other.  the slower one seems to take on the traits of the "original" more often, from what i've seen.   i got lucky this last time, because he ended up on a magnetic clip.  i moved the clip close to the original area... he moved and stayed put there.  the other one wandered onto the glass, he's been moved to the back of my frag tank's sump area... he's gonna be moved into my biocube once it settles out a bit.  diatome bloom finally stopped.. so mebbe this or next week.

What exactly are you trying to say Ty?!

:angry:

Bwahaha Robb!

Don't forget I said this too!

"Sherman BTAs will split if you sneeze in the same room as them. They are known for being very prolific."

Now to which applies to you, I don't know. [emoji14]

But I should correct myself, BTAs could split prolifically maybe because they enjoy higher nutrient water, not because of poorer water conditions. My previous statement implies judgment, which was not the intent.

jeeez, how do you really feel?

Nooo, higher nutrients doesn't mean poorer water quality. It depends on the inhabitants and their husbandry needs.

Quit putting words in my mouth Isaac! Spin doctor! I fixed it to read better.

Just now, FarmerTy said:
16 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:
From this day forth... I shall be known as... ARC Nem Provider!!!

I was talking as Robb!

ironic... you said i was putting words in your mouth earlier, and this whole time it was you doing it to robb? :)