Sierra Bravo

Sierra Bravo's 120 in-wall tank, a.k.a "Where I keep my paychecks"

I fed Reef Roids to the tank about an hour after lights off and got the flashlight out to watch. Looked like I had some type of shrimp hatch as well.  I think the tank at night is almost as interesting as during the day.

• Like 4

Purple tang didn't look too thrilled with the new additions. Did it figure out it was outnumbered yet?

12 minutes ago, Reefpuck said:

Purple tang didn't look too thrilled with the new additions. Did it figure out it was outnumbered yet?

😃  He isn't thrilled with anything I've ever put in there.  He's backed off already.  

• Like 1

OK, so here we go.  I'm starting ten days away from home tomorrow to travel back to South Florida for Christmas and fishing.  I've done all I can do:  Tank is up to shape, auto feeder set, all dosing containers full, top off is full, and back up fresh and salt water in their storage tanks.  I don't have an Apex; I have a Tyler.  Tyler is a friend of the family that will be stopping by every two days.  I've left a very detailed list and know he'll call if anything is amiss.   I also have one of our security cameras trained on the sump so I can check in.

No matter the preparation, I'm going to be nervous as heck.  Almost every time I've left something has happened and I've suffered a loss.  Fingers crossed that we change luck this trip.

Tank looks about as well as it ever has with the evening blues on.  Everything is growing, colorful and healthy.  (Famous last words?)+

mJgvymT.jpg

bcdDLfb.jpg

hiaScbT.jpg

• Like 2

Well, the reef gods were with me this trip as the tank didn't seem to miss a beat while I was away for 12 days.  I'm knocking on wood as I type this to ensure that some unknown calamity is not about to strike while sitting here gloating as if I actually planned away any potential problems I may have encountered.  In reality I only escaped Murphy and his Law by luck alone.

I wanted to post a picture of this great colony that I purchased during my first visit to an ARC meeting as a $10 frag from @Gig 'em @ NDstructible .  It was brown and ugly and John was having a hard time getting rid of them with Ty and his frag tank wonderland competing for people's money.  I felt sorry for the little guy (the frag, not John. . .  😉 ) 

It was nearly lost in my alk spike but has recovered nicely and grows like a weed.  It has a Myagi Tort look to it but the name John had it by was GE Purple Orchid, and his didn't have the green in his tank.  I really like this piece and it goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune for a nice acro.  Plus I'm a sucker for a good comeback story.

Z0VA8m9l.jpg?1

0izpKiPl.jpg

n0y2zo5l.jpg

x4ywnM2l.jpg

Q4mF3OE.jpg

MimH6jnl.jpg

• Like 4

Wow! What a difference. It's beautiful! I'm glad everything went well while you were gone!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What a relief to come home and get that first inspection clear!

• Like 1