Sierra Bravo's 120 in-wall tank, a.k.a "Where I keep my paychecks"

Sierra Bravo

Not a great pic, but while I've been away since last Saturday the little flat piece of ASD Rainbow Millie I received from Ty actually started to sprout corallites.  Woo hoo! 
tcqJBwwh.jpg
Nice! Believe it or not, the flat encrusted pieces will often grow and sprout quicker than a traditional 1" frag sticks like the one I attached.

Also, just wait until it grows out. It'll be in your top 3 favorite pieces by the end of the year would be my guess.208af2a6311f54e528d1a7f7762f7a1d.jpg

33 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Also, just wait until it grows out. It'll be in your top 3 favorite pieces by the end of the year would be my guess.

I believe it!  Although you can't see it in the pic, I have that bright green edge on top where it is starting to encrust on the epoxy, leading to a beautiful rusty reddish-pink.  It's going to be a nice one.  I have it mounted in the tank in a position to be front and center because you had said it would be special when I picked it up from you.

It's at lower mid level, though, so it's probably at no more than 200 PAR tops.  So far it doesn't seem to mind.

• Like 1

I believe it!  Although you can't see it in the pic, I have that bright green edge on top where it is starting to encrust on the epoxy, leading to a beautiful rusty reddish-pink.  It's going to be a nice one.  I have it mounted in the tank in a position to be front and center because you had said it would be special when I picked it up from you.
It's at lower mid level, though, so it's probably at no more than 200 PAR tops.  So far it doesn't seem to mind.
Oh you can't believe a salesman, I say that about everything Scott! [emoji41]

Kidding, its a stunner for sure! Glad yours is settling in and got prime real estate in the tank!

I'm just lucky to have great mentors nearby that are available to share their knowledge and insight.  Thanks [mention=887]Gig 'em @ NDstructible [/mention] !
[emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Lol #burn. In your face ty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all in good fun!   [emoji3]  Keep in mind I have not made fun of your height or your wire management. .. well, your height anyway.  [emoji14]
I better stop - after only having been here four months I don't want to log in to find my account locked!   [emoji33]
I need an adult! One of the other reefers is picking on me!
That's ok Ty, I'll be your new mentee.... and I won't make fun of you. 
Sadly, I kind of enjoy the abuse... So if you want the job, start slinging insults. [emoji41]
  • Like 1

It's a trick. His coral prices go up 15% to those that insult him. He won't even sell to me anymore.
Brian has gotten up to $1000/frag of star polyps these days... He's got quite the collection of insults.

Scotts hovering around $40/frag with his latest jabs.

• 3 weeks later...

New additions to the quarantine tank from Exotic Marine Fish in Houston.  Beautiful healthy bimac anthias; three females and a male.  The male is still being shy and won't come out of his PVC pipe but he's nearly twice as large as the females.  I was able to get the females to eat mysis this morning with no problem whatsoever.

7qHUimQh.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Bravo said:

New additions to the quarantine tank from Exotic Marine Fish in Houston.  Beautiful healthy bimac anthias; three females and a male.  The male is still being shy and won't come out of his PVC pipe but he's nearly twice as large as the females.  I was able to get the females to eat mysis this morning with no problem whatsoever.

7qHUimQh.jpg

Those are some nice Resplendents you have there! 😛

I want to see the male!  One of my is transitioning and I want to see the final product.  I did forget to mention they are easy to train on frozen as you already found out.  Just the perfect anthias.

Cross-posting from my R2R tank build. . .

I lowered a monti cap into a position where I have a strong eddy current and look at how thick it's becoming in response:

17dqYY4h.jpg

Also took a pic of a Tyree undata that is further back in the tank and hard to focus. This has been a very slow grower.

EknKMc5h.jpg

Played with taking some top down shots with my phone through a coral viewer at lunch:

Red Dragon, Hawkin's, Pearlberry, RR the Vinh, and a speciosa I saved from a LFS:

vSvBFdxh.jpg

BC Grape Juice, ASD Rainbow Mille, RR Red Rage, and an Oregon Tort from Farmer Ty's collection:

eJoIwVfh.jpg

UC Strawberry Shortcake finally encrusting:

vq0T3Rhh.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure that’s true. Mine got humongous and took about half of my 180g tank( not a single one but 3 together)I got rid of a bunch as they were getting too big and stinging other sps and zoas. I had at least two that would open to the size of a volleyball but when lights go out, shrink to the size of maybe a softball. The one I have now I have to keep it in a corner by pointing flow from power head right at it

1 hour ago, fightinghippo said:

Not sure that’s true. Mine got humongous and took about half of my 180g tank( not a single one but 3 together)I got rid of a bunch as they were getting too big and stinging other sps and zoas. I had at least two that would open to the size of a volleyball but when lights go out, shrink to the size of maybe a softball. The one I have now I have to keep it in a corner by pointing flow from power head right at it

I'm referring to the arms being inflated like a bubble tip.  Mine gets much bigger overall than that pic, but usually the arms are a lot thinner and longer.  Today the arms were more inflated than usual.

I definitely will have to part with mine if it reaches volleyball size.  I would be more enthusiastic about it if my two clowns gave a darn theat it is in the tank with them.  😟