Sierra Bravo's 120 in-wall tank, a.k.a "Where I keep my paychecks"

Sierra Bravo

Crappy pic, but the Oregon Tort from Ty that I "thought" was a goner is making a comeback - yay!   It had browned out and looked very bad, even getting algae growing on it on several spots.  I glued it to rock anyway figuring I could always remove it later, and the water husbandry gods have smiled upon me.

u42Yloch.jpg

• Like 1

Crappy pic, but the Oregon Tort from Ty that I "thought" was a goner is making a comeback - yay!   It had browned out and looked very bad, even getting algae growing on it on several spots.  I glued it to rock anyway figuring I could always remove it later, and the water husbandry gods have smiled upon me.
u42Yloch.jpg
Still top 3 favorite acro in my tank after being there for almost 6 years now. Hard to beat a classic!

Still playing with my Galaxy S8 and post-processing of the blue hues. Some are much worse than others. I guess these will give me something to compare to 6 mos down the road for growth:

Tubbs Stellata
rlyRScOh.jpg

WWC All-In monti
abxMa0Hh.jpg

JF Fox Flame
dkoaleVh.jpg

Farmer Ty Bottle Brush
w59j8gEh.jpg

YG Yellow
XlcTxROh.jpg

Needle in a Haystack & Tyree Undata
QhThJtxh.jpg

WWC Grafted Starfire

fjXR3Xth.jpg

Red Monti Cap

lJs4AK6h.jpg

War Coral
0dTKpgbh.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick
AlXOTW2h.jpg

Red Setosa
ErrcMpeh.jpg

Rainbow Stylo
uue7YkCh.jpg

WWC Juicy Fruit
arsxvrvh.jpg

ORA Borealis
hzwScRwh.jpg

Sarmentosa
XZNnayIh.jpg

Green Slimer
k9xoDQZh.jpg

UC SSC OG
JWuLG0yh.jpg

POTO Tweedy Bird
A5gOR2Kh.jpg

BC Grape Juice
QKlBbMlh.jpg

FHC Red Rage
Nxjby1Oh.jpg

BC "I love my Monster" tort
9oz8QZKh.jpg

Needle in a Haystack
Tkw3ZA9h.jpg

Mint Green Cap
dV5AUw0h.jpg

Palmer's Blue Millie
oYfx2cRh.jpg

M. Spongodes
bW4ZhrJh.jpg

Purple Scroll
Ak3Hg4gh.jpg 

• Like 1

Nice photos Scott! The corals all look happy!

Dibs on your first frag of the All-In monti... I just got hooked on high end montis... Go figure because I went on a rampage removing all montis from my tank 3 years ago.

• Like 1

Thanks Ty.  You got it on the All-In.  I had it high in the tank and it went pink on me, so I put it back on the bottom to see if the yellows come back out.  It's encrusting, though, not plating fyi.

Yeah, the world of high end montis is new to me. I guess they prefer a little lower light.

I was going to give them little rocks to attach to on the sandbed and let them do their thing.

I got a little crazy on the Cherry Corals online sale tonight.  I'm done for a while.  Well, except the three I asked Gig 'em to cut for me. . .  :huh: 

Clockwise from upper left:

• Hawkins Echinata
  • WWC Yellow Tip
  • RR Wolverine
  • ORA Pearlberry
  • RR Red Diablo
  • RR The Vinh

pAnzaSch.jpg

21 minutes ago, Sierra Bravo said:

I got a little crazy on the Cherry Corals online sale tonight.  I'm done for a while.  Well, except the three I asked Gig 'em to cut for me. . .  :huh: 

Hawkins Echinata
WWC Yellow Tip
RR Wolverine
RR The Vinh
RR Red Diablo
ORA Pearlberry

pAnzaSch.jpg

I was apart of the sale too... I didn't get anything this go around. Tried to get a pearlberry but was unsuccessful. Congrats on the corals you scored.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sierra Bravo said:

Hawkins Echinata
WWC Yellow Tip
RR Wolverine
RR The Vinh
RR Red Diablo
ORA Pearlberry

pAnzaSch.jpg

Dibs on a Wolverine and red diablo.

• Like 1

I guess I don't know what clockwise means - I fixed the descriptions. . . doh!

33 minutes ago, Vernon Saunders said:

I was apart of the sale too... I didn't get anything this go around. Tried to get a pearlberry but was unsuccessful. Congrats on the corals you scored.

There were still a lot of corals on the website - go to Cherry Corals website.  Here are links where they are still half off!!!  :

https://www.cherrycorals.com/product/ora-pearlberry-2-2/

https://www.cherrycorals.com/product/ora-pearlberry-4-2/

19 minutes ago, Chris_ATX said:

Dibs on a Wolverine and red diablo.

Lol - you got it but it's going to take a while in my tank.  I don't have the Gig 'em or Ty magic water going on.  :P

• Like 1

I have no idea what it is about this plain ol' YG Yellow I received from Ty, but I really like it.  It is always "perky", for lack of a better word.
JVOWZQnh.jpg

It gets it from me... [emoji41]

As a larger colony, I appreciate the bright spot of color it provides and in heavier flow, the dancing of the polyps is nice. You can see it at 1:24 in the video below.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, Sierra Bravo said:

I have no idea what it is about this plain ol' YG Yellow I received from Ty, but I really like it.  It is always "perky", for lack of a better word.

JVOWZQnh.jpg

Be careful with this frag, it grows insanely fast. I had to move it down to my "death corner" of low light and flow to keep it from breaking through the walls of my tank.

24 minutes ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Be careful with this frag, it grows insanely fast. I had to move it down to my "death corner" of low light and flow to keep it from breaking through the walls of my tank.

Well, this brings to mind a noob question, since I've never been to the point of having large colonies:  I have this assumption that you can prune and trim the colonies as they grow to keep them in check; kinda like you would a shrub.  Is that valid or does it not really work out that way with SPS colonies?

2 minutes ago, Sierra Bravo said:

Well, this brings to mind a noob question, since I've never been to the point of having large colonies:  I have this assumption that you can prune and trim the colonies as they grow to keep them in check; kinda like you would a shrub.  Is that valid or does it not really work out that way with SPS colonies?

Oh sure, that's always an option. It's a little harder to cut skeleton than shrub branches, but that can work. I know with my slimer, any time I cut a branch, a bunch of branches sprout in its place. It's like cutting the head off a dragon and it just keeps replicating!

Dipped and in the tank.  Very healthy, great color, and nice sizes.  This was my first time buying from Cherry Corals. 

I really have to stop for a while and let things grow out.  If I had an actual frag tank the purchases would probably never end. 

mus8dcrh.jpg

• Like 2