Sierra Bravo's 120 in-wall tank, a.k.a "Where I keep my paychecks"

Sierra Bravo

On 3/6/2019 at 10:29 PM, Sierra Bravo said:

It's been two weeks shy of a year since I took the original pictures on the left. A year later and some have done phenomenally while others haven't shown as much growth. . . .

This shouldn't be a surprise at all, andvVery different growth rates from 2 specimens with the same flow/light parameters differences should be expected.  Experiments like the one linked here show very different responses to the same parameters even with frags of the same species.

• 1 month later...

Made my own screen tops since my plumbing prevents me from using manufactured and custom tops are ridiculously priced. I made them a little different than what we typically see with the available kits. I thought they came out pretty well.

T5QrCR0l.jpg

xbPGVy3l.jpg

x0qHftTl.jpg

yJVeZNXl.jpg

DzJHUMal.jpg

2cYIUOtl.jpg

GeGT2khl.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Been having a hard time controlling my alk, nitrates, and phosphates last month or two. This has lead to browning out, burnt tips on a few of the deepwater acros, and overall dull color.   Even though I should be trying to get things back to normal first, I could not pass up a great deal on a monster of a calcium reactor. Hooked it up last night and this morning. SRO CR5000D calc reactor, CarbonDoser regulator, and a ReefFanatic controller. The reactor is rated for 1000 gallons - it will probably be two years before I have to add media. :) I had to place it in an adjoining room and run the lines through the wall.

VHyxCL6l.jpg

FRG4TQTl.jpg

36Am191l.jpg

GEIsgoel.jpg

• Like 4