ACampbell

Andrew's 45g

Cobalt 45 gallon with low iron glass.
IMG_0194.jpg.64382064baaf1c91ec9cfae6a92eaff8.jpg
IMG_0195.jpg.628b2868860a23d141c7977e98568c53.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg.8275c95467af47cd31f0976d2e3031bd.jpg
IMG_0197.jpg.dc116d6bc8e063094e4b31961a7d0ab4.jpg

Nice! I've never seen a Cobalt aquarium before. Looks slick!

Loving the setup, can't wait to see something (besides water) in it!

3 hours ago, ACampbell said:

Minor set back. Tank is leaking.

Rats!!!

:o   Where at?   Is it one of the mitered corners?  (They give a really clean look but are a bit more of a challenge than a typical butt joint.)

Got the tank replaced today. Keeping my fingers crossed I don’t find any salt creep on the bottom tomorrow. It was a workout getting it all swapped. 

I've been moving pretty fast. Too fast really, but I accept the risk. I'm following parameters closely.

radial tile

IMG_0272.jpg

frag rack

IMG_0277.jpg

sweet brain

IMG_0275.jpg

ORA maximas

IMG_0279.jpg

Lots more to share, just need to take some better photos.

• Like 1

Wo... that is fast!  I know the feeling.. I tried to speed things up when I first re-set up a tank... with very mixed results. Looking forward to lots of success with yours!

Yea, I dont recommend this to anyone. I added lots of live bacteria, sand, and rock. No more ammonia or No2, so I feel pretty good about it, but could still crash. Checking all the parameters daily for now. Also have lots of water on hand for changes.

Looking good!  It's touchy adding stuff fast but it can bypass the some of the algae cycles maturing a tank.  My sequence I've been using for a couple decades now is to use quality live rock that's been quaritined, live sand and water and sand from an established reef system.   Mushrooms and soft corals form other systems are added on day one and if no ammonia (which there usually isn't but it can jump pretty high) damsels are added on day 2.  Looking at the microbial processes there's an argument for it as corals promote autotrophic processes where as algae promotes hetrerotrophic processes that can lead to eutrophication.   

Everything is still going great. I reserved the top spot for a few sps which I managed to get from Ty.

file2.jpeg

Learned at the meeting that Ive got great disco scatter! :D

file-2.jpeg

Witnessed my CB maderine eating some mysis today. It's really hard to get it in front of her before other fish eat it. Seems to be doing well.

file3.jpeg

Also had tedious fun checking everything this morning. (the poor mans way) All parameters at doing great!

file1.jpeg

The Tyree Rainbow stylo and purple bonsai look great at the top!f1966d85367458f51c3f3db016c26f94.gif

• Haha 1

Beautiful tank, those scolys are really nice. AAF usually has some killer looking LPS. Hows the AI Prime working out for you? I seem to read mixed reviews about them.

Yes, just one AI Prime HD. I love it. Gotta remember I've been out of the hobby for quite of a while. The ability to control everything from my phone is so cool. Using way less energy than my old metal halide setups.

• Like 1