New to the club

Vernon Saunders

I have been recently joined the Reefing part of SW aquariums. I started with a 10g fish only tank. I had a small 40g with a few LPS and soft corals (for about 6 months) and my Sailfin Tang forced me to recently upgrade to a 90g in order to keep him. The 90g has been up and running for 2 months and am hoping to start getting SPS into the system soon. In my tank I have a Chalice, Hammer, Pagoda Cup, and Clove Polyp for corals. Fish include my sailfin, 2 Maroon Clown (with a large Rose BTA), 3 Cromis, Diamond back Goby, and a Damsel (whose name I can not remember). 

KIMG0468.jpg

I have been recently joined the Reefing part of SW aquariums. I started with a 10g fish only tank. I had a small 40g with a few LPS and soft corals (for about 6 months) and my Sailfin Tang forced me to recently upgrade to a 90g in order to keep him. The 90g has been up and running for 2 months and am hoping to start getting SPS into the system soon. In my tank I have a Chalice, Hammer, Pagoda Cup, and Clove Polyp for corals. Fish include my sailfin, 2 Maroon Clown (with a large Rose BTA), 3 Cromis, Diamond back Goby, and a Damsel (whose name I can not remember). 
KIMG0468.thumb.jpg.41e4a06244a275277349dbcdf3a7d1c9.jpg
I loved my pagoda cup I used to have! The polyps would just dance in the current... Mesmerizing.

There's a lot of stickheads in the group so if you ever need advice getting started, just post your questions.

That sailfin will force you into another upgrade in the next 5 years. [emoji1] My old Desjardini was starting to get cramped in my 6' 125 gallon and he was about 6" at that time and thick as a steak. They can eventually get to dinner plate sized and can get aggressive at that size if they feel cramped.

I am wondering when the next club function (event, meeting, etc.). I was looking at the event page and couldn't find anything.

I don't think theres anything in the books yet. We just had our Winter Frag swap a couple weekends ago. Usually we have a meeting once a quarter.

19 hours ago, RicordeaFreak said:

Stickheads are those who are connoisseurs of the Acropora variety of corals haha. I’m slowly becoming one myself...

Ty is referring to your comment about wanting to get some SPS into the tank.

Be careful, they often use propaganda to lure unsuspecting hobbyists to the dark side!

18 hours ago, Vernon Saunders said:

I am wondering when the next club function (event, meeting, etc.). I was looking at the event page and couldn't find anything.

Hope to make an announcement soon about an upcoming field trip for the club, probably in March.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:39 PM, RicordeaFreak said:

Stickheads are those who are connoisseurs of the Acropora variety of corals haha. I’m slowly becoming one myself...

Ty is referring to your comment about wanting to get some SPS into the tank.

Welcome. Good group of folks here for sure. Don't be fooled by the term "stickhead"  It is another form of addiction that will separate you from your money. :)))))

Archived