Recommended websites

Blade123

This is a well debated subject. I personally do not think there is a right or wrong to either way. Live Aquaria and Diver Den are very popular for online ordering. There are many other good ones, You want to be sure you get some sort of guarantee. If you buy from your LFS, you can see what you are getting and be supporting your local community. Once again be sure to get some sort of guarantee. With both ways, plan on a quarantine and treatment plan of action. You do not want to have sick fish in your display tank. It is much easier to deal with that in a smaller tank.

I also prefer local stores over online, you just never know what you're going to get with an online order, delayed shipping, crappy delivery treatment, etc. At least with a LFS you can see the fish first, ask questions, see that it's healthy and eating, and you're helping to keep the local hobby businesses alive. But if you're dead set on online, Live Aquaria does offer a 14 day guarantee, which is pretty nice in this hobby.

There is a certain excitement going to a LFS because you never know what they're going to have. When I want something specific,  I normally order online if I can meet the free shipping amount. I've used LiveAquaria, Blue Zoo Aquatics, Austin Aqua Farms, and Aquarium Depot. I'm a repeat customer for all but Aquarium Depot, who I will never use again. I also order through River City Aquatics, who can get you almost anything and doesn't have a minimum purchase amount. 

Yea I'm looking for 3 pretty specific fish. I love going to all the LFS but only downside is i live about an hour away in temple. All we have here is petco 😐 which is why i was thinking about ordering online. I talked to aquatek once and they said i had to pay for what i order up front and what you see is what you get so i figured if I'm gonna roll the dice i might as well have the fish sent directly to my house

Yea I'm looking for 3 pretty specific fish. I love going to all the LFS but only downside is i live about an hour away in temple. All we have here is petco [emoji52] which is why i was thinking about ordering online. I talked to aquatek once and they said i had to pay for what i order up front and what you see is what you get so i figured if I'm gonna roll the dice i might as well have the fish sent directly to my house
Depending on the fish, some stores will bring them in ajd if you don't like them, they'll just put them out to sell. If you are ordering specialty fish that are super expensive, then paying upfront is usually the norm.

I was wanting to get a blue throat trigger, orange spot filefish, and maybe a potters angel
May just want to call River City Aquatics and just ask.

The orange spot filefish is a corallivore. I'm sure you already know that but just wanted to point out just in case. It'll eat your corals unless you plan on trying to train it otherwise, I think particularly acropora if I remember right.

Alright i think I'll check with river city. I've gone there quite a bit and i like the place. Also it's a fish only tank so I'm good with the filefish. Thanks for all the quick responses!
Fish only you say? Can I interest you in a rare Red Sea Golden Butterfly? [emoji12]

http://www.austinreefclub.com/index.php?/topic/39351-Golden-Butterfly

Archived