300 Gallon Disaster Reboot

Sascha D.

This is one of the rare times that my angels weren't crowding in front of the camera to provide some reference! Each head is about 3x3" and I would guess 5-7 heads. The whole piece is about 8"x5" or so. I had a single head on the sand for about a year and it never did anything. Once I mounted it to the rocks, it really exploded and tripled in size. 

• Like 1

So excited! My last planned fish is on the way. I've been waiting for one to pop up for about two months. Wasn't planning on a male, but it was a perfect 5" size and I had to do it. Divers Den don't let me down!60f694b72b3e59bb26726cfc3bcfe7b6.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Corrected the video and pictures in the post above. Somehow the pictures got doubled and the video was completely gone!

In other news, there is something seriously wrong with me! I turned down a beautiful, healthy, Desjardini Sailfin Tang list for $30. I can't even find a meme that expresses my confusion at my own actions right now...

• Like 1

You finally got your naso! I bet Holly is ecstatic! Tank looks great bud!
Super pumped! It's been a long time since I lost mine in the crash. Need to reorganize some corals to mix up some of the colors/shapes and then finish stocking my last five. Going to be a blast watching everything grow!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sadly, we lost a few corals after running into some issues with source water. This is the same problem as last year and I hope it's not an annual event. All of the RODI filters were changed and it looks like we're back on track! One of the long-term goals that I have had is to establish an in-line frag tank and I found a spare tank online in April. I took the first steps to getting that set up this weekend and made a video for fun! 

• Like 2