Rimless 180g "2nd child"

Good Greef

Ive read about that. It clogged for the first time yesterday. If it keeps happening ill have to look further into this. All you did was insert it on the effluent after the needle valve?

I had effluent line clogging issues too.  Until Adam at Battlecorals told me his secret.  Worked like a champ for me, but everyone's setup is different ...
https://www.autohausaz.com/pn/0014775601

11 minutes ago, Good Greef said:

Ive read about that. It clogged for the first time yesterday. If it keeps happening ill have to look further into this. All you did was insert it on the effluent after the needle valve?

On the effluent line between the geo reactor and the needle valve (so before the valve I guess).  Traps stuff coming out of the reactor so the effluent does not clog the valve.

On the effluent line between the geo reactor and the needle valve (so before the valve I guess).  Traps stuff coming out of the reactor so the effluent does not clog the valve.
So is it as simple as snipping the tubing and sandwiching that part in bw?

Just a comment. Instead of a needle valve I use a  a plastic block with a thumb screw. I have never had this clog. I use a fast drip stream. You cant count the drips. Geo's had these but not sure if they are avail anymore.

output.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Good Greef said:
23 hours ago, jolt said:

So is it as simple as snipping the tubing and sandwiching that part in bw?

Basically.  The diameter of the fuel filter barbs may be larger than your effluent line.  I have to rig up an adapter if I recall correctly

• 2 weeks later...

What are y'alls experience with Prazipro and hunger strikes?

I have a 4 inch Blonde Naso that ate alot, like 30 NLS pellets and 100+ pieces of Hikari Mysis and nori during the first few days of QT.

So I decided to dose 1tsp into 20g on day 3.

It's been 60 hrs and the Naso still refuses to eat everything it previously consumed (mysis, Masago, nori). The other two fish (Flavogattus Anthias and Baby green chromis) are all still eating.

I know ppl say it can take weeks, but im starting to see a slightly pinched stomach. In the past, the most a fish ever went on a hunger strike has been a day.

Jolt,

QT is the 20g long I got from you. Did a 100% sanitation of it weeks before adding the fish, but its been seeded with a sponge that sat in my DT sump for 4 months. I doubt its Ammonia but I guess the badge could be wrong?

I did remove the carbon, but may put i back and do a 25% water change if its still not eating by tonight.

What size is your QT and do you think you could be having ammonia build up?  Also, I always run carbon and do a big water change 3 days after prazi.
The naso is swimming around and its dorsal fins are responsive to stimuli. It also isn't showing any stress spots or darker coloring, nor is it lethargic like my other one that died in QT earlier.

I've been watching it on my Nest camera from work. Here's a few screenshots, even tho its not too clear. ba416ccd7b541ec3ff46a9dd77e3f154.jpg28cff945d334f5cafb5439c863c7eb48.jpg

5 minutes ago, Good Greef said:

Aquadome has had alot of them the past few weeks. I've seen anywhere from 1-8 for sale at all times.

Very interdasting... Was in there last week and didn't see any, but dang did they have a TON of fish on hand.  Full tanks and a dozen or so boxes waiting to be opened.
Thanks for the quick reply!

• Like 1

Thats a pretty big fish for a 20 long.  It could be other things besides ammonia build up.  When I was QTing a tang in a 20L I did water changes almost every day because the fish just did not want to eat.  Prazi also depletes oxygen, so I run an agressive airstone.  I've had so many issues with fish in QT that were cleared up just by doing water changes.  When all else fails, I do 3-4 gallon daily water changes on my 20L QT  to see if the fish starts to feel better.  And I will also offer live food if they stop eating, that has helped many times too.  

• Like 1

Thats a pretty big fish for a 20 long.  It could be other things besides ammonia build up.  When I was QTing a tang in a 20L I did water changes almost every day because the fish just did not want to eat.  Prazi also depletes oxygen, so I run an agressive airstone.  I've had so many issues with fish in QT that were cleared up just by doing water changes.  When all else fails, I do 3-4 gallon daily water changes on my 20L QT  to see if the fish starts to feel better.  And I will also offer live food if they stop eating, that has helped many times too.  
Thanks.

It is a pretty big fish for that size tank. That's why I planned to dose Prazi early on, so I could transfer it to my DT sooner rather than later.

I'll do a water change when I get home.

3 hours ago, jolt said:

+1 on the live food when all else fails. White worms are my go to.  The only fish that wont eat them is my lawn mower. Only eats hair algae for some reason. Didnt eat for 2 weeks in QT

+1 on the live food when all else fails. White worms are my go to.  The only fish that wont eat them is my lawn mower. Only eats hair algae for some reason. Didnt eat for 2 weeks in QT
Well I got back today and the Naso is at least attempting to eat mysis/nori bits but just spits it out.

Interestingly enough, what belly looked pinched this morning now looks plump? Is that possible without eating? Do Tangs get gas lol?

Either way, I want to do a water change but part of me wants to wait till after the 72nd hour.23e6e29ea5e24d2dbb92ec2f694a504e.jpg79d2e74409f04faab3e116e3decb265a.jpg

I want to put Nori on a clip and leave it there 24/7, but that would be an ammonia nightmare.

What's a good live macro algae that Tangs eat, which I can find locally and leave in my QT that won't rot? Maybe even grow?

• 1 month later...

Will have a more in depth update with pics soon. 

For now, good news is the Blonde Naso is thriving in my display, as is the rest of my fish stock. Finally got ahold of a Potters Wrasse that's a 4 inch male as well.

Coral wise - my alk has been rock stable for a month now without touching my CaRx. Ranges from 7.2-7.4 daily. So i got the alk thing down finally... and so i thought i was good to go and bought a buncha SPS frags from Ty, Juice, and a few others. 

Bad news is the corals either started paling or getting burnt tips. Ive been battling  green cyano uglies which covered the tips daily, compounding hings. I feed alot but cant normally maintain detectable p04. 

So after talking to some other hobbyists online,  decided to shut down my GFO and GAC for a few wks and fed 3ml of Oysterfeast daily to get my redfield ratio somewhat back to normal. 

And finally. Its worked. The green cyano has not come back for the first time in months. Bad news is 90% of the corals I bought arent looking too good.

20180624_110923.jpg

20180705_153058.jpg

20180710_114624.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Glad the naso made it!

If you lose anything of mine, Juice will replace it. Kidding, be happy to replace any you lost from me.

Haha. Yeah, unfortunately the setosa and Juices meteor shower look to be Vegas favorites for surviving.

It's odd but the burnt tips happened within 24 hrs of me replacing 1 cup of GAC that I passively sit in a sump media bag. Normally I replace this every 1.5 months, so this wasnt out of the ordinary although ive read issues anecdotally of this triggering RTN.

My guess is that it was a combo of that and already low nutrients.

I appreciate the offer to replace them, kinda feel bad so ill still buy more since you're being so nice.. but doing my best now to save what I can now

• Like 1

Haha. Yeah, unfortunately the setosa and Juices meteor shower look to be Vegas favorites for surviving.
It's odd but the burnt tips happened within 24 hrs of me replacing 1 cup of GAC that I passively sit in a sump media bag. Normally I replace this every 1.5 months, so this wasnt out of the ordinary although ive read issues anecdotally of this triggering RTN.
My guess is that it was a combo of that and already low nutrients.
I appreciate the offer to replace them, kinda feel bad so ill still buy more since you're being so nice.. but doing my best now to save what I can now
No worries, those are my gateway corals to get you hooked on my expensive stuff. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

First i thought it was dying. Then I thought it had a fungus. Then I noticed my other fish eating said fungus. 

Now i concluded my Midas has laid a bunch of eggs and had a bunch stuck on its belly and fins. 

But even crazier, its lived by itself in my tanks for the past 2.5 yrs. Am i missing something?

Pics are hard. So the best i got.

20180815_155538.jpg

20180815_155536.jpg

20180815_162331.jpg