Gap between tank and stand

Jimbo662

After leveling the tank / stand with shims I noticed there's a gap between the tanks and the stand on one corner. Sliding a piece of paper in it I can slide it about 10" across the back and about 8" back to front. I folded the paper in half twice and tried again. This time it would only go about 5" across the back and 3-4" back to front. Is this much of a gap something to be worried about? When leveling everything I may have at most raised the stand about 1/8 - 3/16". I shimmed in 4 spots on the front and 5 spots on the back to make sure the stand was supported all the way across.

39 minutes ago, jolt said:

I thought you were putting a rubber mat underneath?  I think this helps let gravity do it's thing when you add water and spreads the stress out?

When I first noticed the gap I thought it was because of the foam so I pulled it out.

1 hour ago, Jimbo662 said:

When I first noticed the gap I thought it was because of the foam so I pulled it out.

I can't remember, is your tank flat bottom, or does it have trim?

I would put the pad back underneath and fill like said before. As long as the pad is under the tank you should be good. If you don't use the pad with the flat bottom you might get high points in the stand causing to much stress on the bottom of the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaps under the stand are fine as long as the top of the stand is square and level.  just add some trim to cover the gaps... once the water is in the tank and settled for a couple weeks (if you are on a wood floor, it takes some time to move w/ the weight.)

Archived