What's happening everyone?

Robb in Austin

Hello to all the old timers! What's everyone up to these days?

Let's seem some tank pics.

Here's mine as of last week.

IMG_2800.thumb.JPG.f13df79389b2c35dcf84eda3c3b99699.JPG

Oh man, I hear you can get lucky with an aptasia eating filefish that will readily eat pest anemones that take over your tank. That or peppermint shrink can do the trick 🤣 JK bud, that's a serious collection of BTAs though!

My tank is currently on lunar mode at the moment, so you'll have to excuse the lack of light or color

5eb3b77d90161b58eeb548de666171b7.jpg

Green machine is still "alive". Seeing as the glass was impossible to see through just 30 days ago, I think it's coming back around. Any suggestions on method of gsp irradication?c23014d5396a6ebd34f4bbe051072272.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Wardlaw said:

Green machine is still "alive". Seeing as the glass was impossible to see through just 30 days ago, I think it's coming back around. Any suggestions on method of gsp irradication?c23014d5396a6ebd34f4bbe051072272.jpg

WoOoOoOah!! Now THAT'S some serious GSP!! It actually looks pretty good! I bet it's pretty tranquil watching it wave around in the current. It's like a field of grass blowing in the breeze.

Best way to eradicate is scrape it off the glass and sell the rock IMO.

WoOoOoOah!! Now THAT'S some serious GSP!! It actually looks pretty good! I bet it's pretty tranquil watching it wave around in the current. It's like a field of grass blowing in the breeze.

Best way to eradicate is scrape it off the glass and sell the rock IMO.
That's like 80% of Glen's rock! [emoji23]

I've heard fenbendazole would work but could kill a lot of other corals in the tank too. Think of it as a last option. I've never used it so you'd have to research bud but just a thought.

2 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

That's like 80% of Glen's rock! emoji23.png

I've heard fenbendazole would work but could kill a lot of other corals in the tank too. Think of it as a last option. I've never used it so you'd have to research bud but just a thought.

Slash and burn! Even a single polyp left can return to plague proportions within a couple years.

That's like 80% of Glen's rock! [emoji23]

Yeah. I'm really debating a restart. I still need to finish the floors underneath the tank. I have been looking for a way to upgrade in the process without having a wife attack.

1 minute ago, Wardlaw said:

Yeah. I'm really debating a restart. I still need to finish the floors underneath the tank. I have been looking for a way to upgrade in the process without having a wife attack.

Good luck with that, sir! You have to spin it in a way that makes it seem like it's beneficial to her :lol:

1 hour ago, Wardlaw said:

Exactly, hence the restart bug.

I think it looks pretty cool. GSP is nice when it's managed, but I'm sure you want some variety in there. If you're completely happy with the aquarium other than the GSP, then why not sell some rocks or frags? You could also trade it into the fish store for credit or dry rock. From what I know about GSP, I don't believe one polyp can start a new colony. As long as you remove the encrusting base, then it shouldn't grow back. 

I think it looks pretty cool. GSP is nice when it's managed, but I'm sure you want some variety in there. If you're completely happy with the aquarium other than the GSP, then why not sell some rocks or frags? You could also trade it into the fish store for credit or dry rock. From what I know about GSP, I don't believe one polyp can start a new colony. As long as you remove the encrusting base, then it shouldn't grow back. 
How much can I put you down for? Get it before its gone. This stuff is hot!

This variety will never spread and certainly won't cover up things you actually like![emoji6]

2 hours ago, Wardlaw said:

How much can I put you down for? Get it before its gone. This stuff is hot!

This variety will never spread and certainly won't cover up things you actually like!emoji6.png

Haha! Green Starburst Polyps are actually really popular. Someone recently told me that GSP remains one of his top 5 sellers in his store! Don't cheapen what you have just because you have an abundance of it. No matter how long I'm in this hobby, I still keep some in every tank. I wouldn't mind trading you a frag for a piece from your glass. Right now I have ORA Green Pocillopora and ORA Sour Apple Birdsnest on plugs.

Archived