The Money Pit

dustint21

You guys are killing me with these! Ty are you being facetious? I know this is the easy part... all that really counts is what’s in the tank!
No jokes here, I think reefing is equal parts science and equal parts design. The design part of it was never my forte... Its more like a mad scientist went through my tank setup. So I can appreciate when tank builds of this caliber come together... I'm always envious of the results.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FarmerTy said:
3 hours ago, dustint21 said:
You guys are killing me with these! Ty are you being facetious? I know this is the easy part... all that really counts is what’s in the tank!

No jokes here, I think reefing is equal parts science and equal parts design. The design part of it was never my forte... Its more like a mad scientist went through my tank setup. So I can appreciate when tank builds of this caliber come together... I'm always envious of the results.

I’m just messing with ya brother! I would be more than happy to help the other red stand guys get hooked up with removable covers! 

Playing around with wiring tonight. I got everything on the Apex! It’s all working as it should! I was ready to throw in the towel on the apex.... Their customer service is top notch! Emails and phone calls after business hours! 

Now if this cloudy water would go away I would be really happy! I’m pretty sure it’s just a new tank thing? I’ve never used live sand or dry rock until this tank. It must have something to do with it because I’ve never had it happen before....

E8D858C7-0C7D-4CC5-9C37-D262D24C7C7B.jpeg

A278D1F6-AC4A-45A3-A808-AA805B19C07D.jpeg

229934F6-EC81-4CF8-B137-A1BCDEB50385.jpeg

48 minutes ago, RicordeaFreak said:

Truly spectacular! What a nice build and that stand is incredible. looking forward to seeing this tank grow out in the future. Awesome work!

Thank you! I will do my est to keep updating along the way! 

2 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

I assume you rinsed your rock and sand??

I did not rinse the sand as it was “live” sand. I did rinse the rock. Everything settled and was clean and clear for a week or so. I woke up one morning and the water was cloudy. I’m running a 3 hour light cycle right now since I have nothing in the tank. Temp and salinity are where they should be.

1 hour ago, JamesL said:

That is not bad for cloudy water.  I didn't rinse my live sand on my current tank, and this is what it looked like for a few days.

IMG_3753.jpg

The blue/white filter floss helped to clean it up.

Mine wasn’t quite this cloudy. I was clear after the first day or so.