The Money Pit

dustint21

31 minutes ago, BobcatReefer said:

What are the 3 vertical "fins" in-between/next to the output fittings on the horizontal manifold?  

The shut off valves?

26 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

I really like the rock scape looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

59 minutes ago, BobcatReefer said:

duh! :fool:

Now that you say it, I see it so clearly!  I thought it was some kind of hanging setup to support the manifold.  Now I can't even see what I was thinking it was before!

Lol no worries! I was confused and had to go back and look at the pic...

Looks pretty good! This whole time I thought the tank on the right was an ATO reservoir, but it's actually a refugium. It looks like you've T'd off of the return line and it's going to gravity feed back into the return chamber? The aquascape looks great! Love the extra room along the perimeter. 

23 minutes ago, Sascha D. said:

Looks pretty good! This whole time I thought the tank on the right was an ATO reservoir, but it's actually a refugium. It looks like you've T'd off of the return line and it's going to gravity feed back into the return chamber? The aquascape looks great! Love the extra room along the perimeter. 

Yup you got it! It is a 16g 14x14x20 Lifereef remote fuge. I am a fan of a large fuge. I did drill and plumb a second “emergency” drain. I purchased a decently oversized return pump to help feed the fuge and manifold. Thanks I love the extra room too! Every other tank I’ve had has been crammed full! I am having a matching cabinet built to go next to the tank for my ATO and electronics.

16 minutes ago, Jen_h said:

Got your stuff for you! Broke down the tank on Sunday. Ty actually carried the tank out all by himself 💪🏼  Just shoot me a text tomorrow so we can coordinate pickup. Ps tank looks awesome 

Awesome! I will text ya tomorrow!

15 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

Uh oh, I don't see any fish and there's already poo. emoji43.png

Lol just taking out the trash! Now if I could only get it to take it to the curb I’d be all set! Have you got that sump installed yet?

Edited by dustint21
  • Like 1

Lol just taking out the trash! Now if I could only get it to take it to the curb I’d be all set! Have you got that sump installed yet?
It's true. I was there. Carried it all by myself.

The sump will be installed in 2019, when I have my first free day off without a 9-month old. [emoji22]

6 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

I didn't realize we are red stand buddies and now sump buddies too!

95227e4f204432504a40f1a293f29eb9.jpg

I’m super happy with mine! I wanted the 60” but I had the Lifereef fuge already. The difference in 48” and 60” new price just wasn’t justifiable in my situation....

6 hours ago, ckyuv said:

Looks awesome, the wood work came out Nice! 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Dogfish said:

Your wood work is great.

Thank you!

My buddy is doing all the hard work! I just supervise.... lol! Working on the equipment cubby tonight. 

4152C8CC-D839-48F9-8E74-0860EB06E9CB.jpeg

• Like 1