Planet Aquarium 130g

Jimbo662

• 1 month later...

I guess I'm a little overdue for an update.  For the most part everything is doing great...with the exception of a blasto and acan I recently lost. I'd been running an algae reactor that was keeping my phosphates and nitrates pretty low. It was doing a great job of keeping algae out of the tank. I decided to ramp it down over the last two weeks and take it offline to see if I can get those two readings up a little more...there was another acan starting to recede...we'll see if this helps it recover.

I replaced the WAVs with my MP40QDs. I'd forgotten when the WAVs get dirty they can have a tendency to vibrate which in turn causes the cords to vibrate against anything they touched outside the tank...and that you have to unplug them and pull the wires out of the rats nest every time you need to clean them. :-)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:

Amazing Jimbo! Tank looks really good and everything looks pretty happy! Well done!

26 minutes ago, ShawnM said:

Looks really good Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks...I think this is the happiest I've ever been with any of my tanks.

• Like 1

Just now, FarmerTy said:

Really? Out of all 15 of the others you had in the last 2 years? emoji13.png

HA...I started to say something about the number but thought "nah...I'll just leave it at that" but YES YOU ARE CORRECT!  :firefirefire:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FarmerTy said:
3 hours ago, Jimbo662 said:
Finally got a yellow filter for the camera to take pics under blue lights...

IMG_1537.thumb.jpg.07893fd05ba03934b215507af16215f1.jpg

Wow! Great pic! What equipment are you using for the photos?

Camera is a Canon T3i with a 18-55mm lens and a yellow filter on it. I turned the T5's off, LEDs were at 58% intensity with blue, royal blue, uv and violet all at 100%. I've got the camera set to shoot in RAW and then process it in Lightroom. I didn't make any adjustments...just saved the file...that's it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reefpuck said:

Sweet colors! 

Thanks, this thing is insanely bright. I hadn't noticed the blue tips until I saw the pic. Glad I was able to pry it out of someone's hands!  😉

• Like 2

Camera is a Canon T3i with a 18-55mm lens and a yellow filter on it. I turned the T5's off, LEDs were at 58% intensity with blue, royal blue, uv and violet all at 100%. I've got the camera set to shoot in RAW and then process it in Lightroom. I didn't make any adjustments...just saved the file...that's it.
Thanks James! I'm a wannabe photographer so just trying to learn all I can. Thanks for sharing!

20 hours ago, FarmerTy said:

Blue tips! I want it! emoji33.png

I think I'll keep it.  It's beauty needs to shared with the world...not hidden away, protected from a bunch of polyp munchers!!!!! 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was just cleaning the glass and female clown was spazzing out. Didn't think anything of it until I moved the scraper to the bottom corner where they hang out and when I moved it back I saw all these little silver things go flying and all the fish went nuts eating them!!!!  That's when I realized the clowns had spawned on the silicone in their corner.  😞 I felt so bad...There seems to still be quite a few left but it's hard to see. Now I'm stressing because I know they won't survive and I have nothing set up to try to raise them. Naturally my first thought was to move the pair to the 45g tank once the eggs / fry were gone but then that's a whole other project I'm not sure I'm ready for.

Anyone ever raised fry...wondering how difficult it is getting the plankton / rotifers going and sustaining it long enough to get them switched over to baby brine. Ugh...somebody stop me!!!!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FarmerTy said:
On 5/20/2018 at 2:23 PM, Jimbo662 said:
Picked up another nice fungia yesterday. Anyone recognize it?
First one is with the yellow filter, second is without.

Sunset fungia plate?

I meant where I got it.

• 1 month later...