Planet Aquarium 130g

Jimbo662

Im also looking for an acrylic mesh top  for my rimless. Sounds like yall are happy with the quality.

Theres a long thread on R2R with several complainging about the turnaround time and lack of responsiveness. Id rather just order through them, but Its kind of spooked me and I was gonna explore if one can buy pieces from regal plastics for a DIY.
But glad to see many here are satisfied.

I've had 3 lids. Had one issue that they fixed right away. I'll be ordering the next from them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Gig 'em @ NDstructible said:

Awesome! Can't wait to see this tank progression, James. I've heard great things about those acrylic mesh tops, and they look super clean.

I'm "hoping" to go slow and not rush anything...but I'm not good at that!  :-)

1 hour ago, Jimbo662 said:

I'm "hoping" to go slow and not rush anything...but I'm not good at that!  :-)

Are any of us good at that? I was just saying yesterday how I wished I had gone slower. Hindsight is always 20/20 and there will always be things that you'll miss or didn't think about before adding water. I'm literally about to drain my tank halfway, replace the overflow, replace the plumbing, remove the sump, paint the inside of the stand, cut two baffles out of the sump, add ventillation fans, possibly remove the canopy, and add screen tops two years after the tank has been set up. I'm planning to do it in one day, but I'll probably take me about three years. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sascha D. said:

Are any of us good at that? I was just saying yesterday how I wished I had gone slower. Hindsight is always 20/20 and there will always be things that you'll miss or didn't think about before adding water. I'm literally about to drain my tank halfway, replace the overflow, replace the plumbing, remove the sump, paint the inside of the stand, cut two baffles out of the sump, add ventillation fans, possibly remove the canopy, and add screen tops two years after the tank has been set up. I'm planning to do it in one day, but I'll probably take me about three years. 

WOW...that's a lot of renovations!

[emoji15] sounds like a whole new build to me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sascha D. said:

Apparently I make bad decisions! :firefirefire:

Hahahaha Make bad decisions, not me.  Just really stupid ones like building my own tank. Love watching glue dry. I'll be old and gray before its done. Oh, I am old and gray. :)))

• Like 2

Got a little progress done today. Mounted the RO/DI in the laundry closet. Put lighting in the stand and drilled holes for the lighting bracket...waiting on the right length bolts to arrive. Also waiting on some plumbing pieces from BRS. Starting next Saturday I'll be off for two weeks straight so I'll have this sucker up and running on no time!  :cheer:

Trigger Sump 1.jpg

RODI.jpg

• Like 1

Got the return plumbing / manifold dry fitted today.  I'm soooo freaking glad someone invented the PVC pipe cutter!  Cutting every single piece with a hacksaw is for the birds!!!!! Still need to pick up a couple of pieces that I forgot to complete it. I started a grocery list for Lowe's.  Also need to strap the manifold to that center support that way it'll help support the horizontal run of the two return lines.

Return Plmb 1.jpg

Return Plmb 2.jpg

Return Plmb 3.jpg

Let me dug up my old bottle of white out!
Acetone works even faster! Looking forward to seeing your build. Just spent 2 wks finishing my plumbing, as I can only squeeze in an hr or 2 per day, thanks to the 2 yr old commander ruling our house.

But yes, PVC cutters are glorious. I need to start a build thread for my 180g soon.
e664db2c7d38ff98f8937a44883246fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Good Greef said:

Acetone works even faster! Looking forward to seeing your build. Just spent 2 wks finishing my plumbing, as I can only squeeze in an hr or 2 per day, thanks to the 2 yr old commander ruling our house.

But yes, PVC cutters are glorious. I need to start a build thread for my 180g soon.
e664db2c7d38ff98f8937a44883246fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yeah, we need more pics!

I just went to pay for your whole setup and scanned the barcode and it only rang up $2.99. Woohoo! Do you take PayPal and when can I pick up? [emoji12]

Seriously though, I think you should be a professional tank installer. We've seen your body of work at least 10 times now in the last 2 years [emoji23] and every example has been stunning.

3 minutes ago, FarmerTy said:

I just went to pay for your whole setup and scanned the barcode and it only rang up $2.99. Woohoo! Do you take PayPal and when can I pick up? emoji12.png

Seriously though, I think you should be a professional tank installer. We've seen your body of work at least 10 times now in the last 2 years emoji23.png and every example has been stunning.

Imagine the setups we could have if things were that cheap!!!!!  Been working on the drain plumbing and ran out of parts! gotta add to my grocery list for my next trip to Lowe's!

30 minutes ago, Jimbo662 said:

Imagine the setups we could have if things were that cheap!!!!!  Been working on the drain plumbing and ran out of parts! gotta add to my grocery list for my next trip to Lowe's!

When do you start taking orders? I make decisions all day at work and I don't want to make any more! 

Got some behind the scenes progress done this week. Talked to Jake about the gap. He contacted the manuf and sent some pics. They said it would be ok, the stand should settle once there's weight on it. To be safe they're sending a black foam pad to use...should be here on Friday. Just ordered my lid which takes about 6 weeks. Still waiting for the Aquatic Life fixture to be in stock. They say vendors should be getting a big shipment the middle of this month. Should get lots done next week...I'm off for two weeks starting Monday!  :cheer: