Planet Aquarium 130g

Jimbo662

1 hour ago, Sascha D. said:

Great looking tank James! I wish I could have been there to help you move it. Are you going to go with an open top?

Thanks! We ended up having an extra person so moving it wasn't an issue.

Right now planning to get another Artfully Acrylic lid for it. Don't want to take the chance...

Do you get a lot of algae buildup on the acrylic tops? It's been a long time since I've had glass tops and I remember cleaning salt, algae, and water off of them a lot. I currently have a canopy, but I'm not getting good enough ventilation. I could add a fan, but I am looking for less noisy options first. Screens seem popular. 

Do you get a lot of algae buildup on the acrylic tops? It's been a long time since I've had glass tops and I remember cleaning salt, algae, and water off of them a lot. I currently have a canopy, but I'm not getting good enough ventilation. I could add a fan, but I am looking for less noisy options first. Screens seem popular. 
Jimbo's top is a super sexy screen top with acrylic on the edges only as supports and a feeding porthole. Its sleek looking and the only way you should ever keep a rimless tank with wrasses.

50 minutes ago, Sascha D. said:

The frames are cut from polycarbonate so it's a lot stronger than acrylic and doesn't warp. They put clear mesh like you get from BRS in it.

Here's a couple of pics...not my tank. In the 2nd pic you can't hardly see it. In the third it shows how they cut the tabs so the frame is just inside the tank and the tabs sit on the rim.

Top1.jpeg

Top2.jpeg

Tank Edge.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jimbo662 said:

The frames are cut from polycarbonate so it's a lot stronger than acrylic and doesn't warp. They put clear mesh like you get from BRS in it.

Here's a couple of pics...not my tank. In the 2nd pic you can't hardly see it. In the third it shows how they cut the tabs so the frame is just inside the tank and the tabs sit on the rim.

Pretty cool! I have a friend that has one like that and it is pretty sleek. It might be a good idea for my rimless tank if I ever decided to keep fish in it. My big tank is euro braced and would need three smaller frames. I'll have to check it out sometime. 

16 hours ago, Jimbo662 said:

they route out a channel. It's just like the aluminum screen frame you get at Lowe's / home depot where you put the rubber cord in to hold the screening.

The acrylic top looks like it covers the entire rim of the tank. Are you going to hang your lights from the ceiling?

The acrylic top looks like it covers the entire rim of the tank. Are you going to hang your lights from the ceiling?
In the pic it's sitting on top just to show how the tabs are cut. I'm using 8020 brackets for the lights

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I will be watching this closely. Are tanks are very similar. Mine is 60x30x22 I’m curious as to how you scape it. I just can’t get mine where I want it....
Yeah, that's always the fun / hard part.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

On 11/28/2017 at 2:27 PM, Jimbo662 said:

Top1.jpeg

Top2.jpeg

Tank Edge.jpg

Im also looking for an acrylic mesh top  for my rimless. Sounds like yall are happy with the quality.

Theres a long thread on R2R with several complainging about the turnaround time and lack of responsiveness. Id rather just order through them, but Its kind of spooked me and I was gonna explore if one can buy pieces from regal plastics for a DIY.

But glad to see many here are satisfied.